We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonably Priced Lodging in late June

Which Sonoma hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
785 posts
258 reviews
Save Topic
Reasonably Priced Lodging in late June

Hi, I will be in the Sonoma area for two nights in late June and am looking for a simple place to stay ( B&B or Inn that is not a chain hotel or motel). I would like to stay in Sonoma or the Russian River Valley if it is cheaper. I would like to be near a town or wineries and in an area with good character. I would rather not spend over $150 a night. Any suggestions would be great! Thank you.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,603 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reasonably Priced Lodging in late June

In the town of Sonoma, both the Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn and the El Pueblo Inn list rates starting at under $150. However rates often go up in the summer. They are both fine places to stay, so it might be worth a try.

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,818 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reasonably Priced Lodging in late June

As you've probably discovered by now, trying to find non-chain accommodations at $150 in June is not easy. It will become nearly impossible if the 2 nites inc. a Fri. or Sat. But assuming you can stay during the wk., a favorite B&B inn of mine in the Russian River Valley is the Sonoma Orchid Inn (www.sonomaorchidinn.com). You'll be next to Korbel vineyards and a very short drive from lots of great wineries--and the Inn has at least a couple of rooms offered at $150 per nite. If you can go up to at least $175, there will be more options. See "lodging" at www.wineroad.com and www.sonomavalley.com

united states
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reasonably Priced Lodging in late June

Oliver, if you are a member of AAA, or can get your hand on a current travel book for Northern CA ( local libraries often have them) you will see that there are quite a few small,non-chain hotels/inns with prices listed as low as $79. Now, that doesn't mean that they are great places, but you could check them out and then ask about specifics. If you can't get a copy of the book, let me know.

4. Re: Reasonably Priced Lodging in late June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2010, 05:16