We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this too much for one day

Chicago
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Is this too much for one day

I've never been to wine country and will be spending one full day in the Sonoma region. I was thinking we'd start our day potentially with Merry Edwards and Arista, then head to Healdsburg for lunch and walking around. After lunch drive down and hit Benzinger and Ravenswood before hitting Girl and the Fig for dinner (we're staying in Petaluma that night). Thanks for the insight!

Mentioned in this post
Healdsburg
Healdsburg
Sonoma County, CA
Petaluma
Petaluma
Sonoma County, CA
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
106 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this too much for one day

I personally think it is too much. I could literally spend an entire day in Healdsburg. The tasting rooms are all next to each other and it takes an entire day to hit them all. If you can, I would suggest tacking on another day. I too will be going to Sonoma and am sad that I only get 2 days there.

Mentioned in this post
Healdsburg
Healdsburg
Sonoma County, CA
Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,844 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is this too much for one day

Altho' I understand Calling's concerns, I actually think you'll be OK with your schedule--just get an early start to the day and understand that this will be a quick and limited experience, but you will still be visiting a very nice mix of wineries. Merry Edwards and Arista offer the most heavenly Pinot Noirs--the very best in my book! Healdsburg is a great lunch stop--consider Willi's Seafood and Raw Bar. Be sure you have dinner reserv's at girl and the fig. You've made some excellent choices for your one day in Sonoma wine country!

Mentioned in this post
Healdsburg
Healdsburg
Sonoma County, CA
Level Contributor
37,647 posts
960 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is this too much for one day

It sounds doable to me, Willi's Seafood and Raw Bar is a great suggestion for lunch in Healdsburg, it's very good! There are several nice tasting rooms around the Plaza, we loved our Reserve tasting at Kendall-Jackson, next door to Willi's. Enjoy the wine country! :)

Mentioned in this post
Healdsburg
Healdsburg
Sonoma County, CA
united states
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is this too much for one day

It sounds like a great plan to me, as long as your "walking around in Healdsburg" doesn't include too many tasting room stops. I think you have a really well-rounded plan in mind, and Ravenswood is a really fun place to end your day.

Mentioned in this post
Healdsburg
Healdsburg
Sonoma County, CA
Napa
Level Contributor
2,486 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is this too much for one day

hmm, it would be a shame to go to Benzinger and not do their tram tour. That may make it too late to get to Ravenswood. ( think they close at 4:30.) You can easily spend a couple of hours at Benzinger walking through their gardens and learning about how they farm.

Have a great trip!

6. Re: Is this too much for one day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2010, 05:17