We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sonoma weddding - venue

Which Sonoma hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
austin, texas
Level Contributor
6 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Sonoma weddding - venue

Hi All,

We're trying to decide on a location for our wedding and Sonoma/Napa came up. Does anyone have ideas for a great venue and some place to accomodate 25 guests? I see there is a Fairmont hotel in Sonoma...mixed reviews. any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,750 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sonoma weddding - venue

The "Fairmont" Hotel in Sonoma is the historic Sonoma Mission Inn in Boyes Hot Springs. That might be a great venue. Look at the site and talk to them.

It is very historic and is located on natural mineral springs, so there are spa facilities. It has lovely grounds.

It was built in the heyday of San Francisco wealthy people coming up to the Sonoma Valley for the hot mineral baths and a few weeks of relaxation in the 1920's. The main buildings are in the Spanish Colonial style and the more recent additions, while more modern, reflect that style, as well.

During World War II it was confiscated by the government as an R and R facility for servicemen.

After it was returned to private ownership the more modern facilities were added.

http://www.fairmont.com/sonoma

The area is ripe with opportunities to visit wineries, and the historic town of Sonoma, two miles away, is charming, built around a Plaza from the Mexican occupation days, and which is the largest public town plaza in California, at 11 acres.

I don't know about "mixed reviews", but I don't think you would go wrong choosing this.

(I am a native of the Sonoma Valley).

Edited: 31 August 2010, 04:33
Level Contributor
34,520 posts
890 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sonoma weddding - venue

We have stayed 4 times at the Fairmont Mission Inn, it would be a beautiful place for a wedding venue. Congratulations! :)

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,819 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sonoma weddding - venue

If you'd be interested in having your wedding at one of the many scenic wineries, consider: Chateau St. Jean, and St. Francis, both near Kenwood in the northern Sonoma Valley. See www.chateaustjean.com/weddings and www.stfranciswine.com/events/weddings.asp You can explore many other venues by perusing www.sonomavalley.com Also be sure to do a thorough search on TripAdvisor using the keyword "wedding".

united states
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sonoma weddding - venue

Congratulations, Jenn.

Here are a few websites that might be helpful:

winerywedding.com

herecomestheguide.com

bestinsonoma.com- use the event planning tab

We have encountered the preparations for 2 weddings during our visits- one at Viansa and one at Paradise Ridge. Either would make a lovely wedding venue- both have spectacular views and ample space for a 25 guest event.

united states
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sonoma weddding - venue

Ooops- there was one at the Hyatt in Santa Rosa, too. Its a pretty location, but our experience with the hotel was not so good, but that doesn't mean that yours wouldn't be....!

Also, there is a really quaint church up in Alexander Valley that reminds me of a "country church" which looks lovely for a wedding.

A guy named mj did a terrific trip report with pictures back in the spring and I seem to recall that there was a church included in his portfolio....but I believe it was further up the coast than Sonoma County

Puter or Forestvillian will probably be able to recall better detail, but you could look up his report via forum search.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sonoma weddding - venue

You might consider the Madrona Manor in Healdsburg. They host quite a few weddings - there was one there while we were staying a few weeks ago. It's a lovely inn, with nice gardens, and an area in the garden very suitable for weddings. It's large enough to accomodate your guests overnight, but still quite intimate.

7. Re: Sonoma weddding - venue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2011, 05:20