We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sonoma Vineyards - visit

DK
Level Contributor
81 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Sonoma Vineyards - visit

Hi - I have been reading about vineyards at vinecountrygetaways.com/wineries-sonoma.html. They mention Gundlach Bundschu - Ravenswood - Sebastiani and Buena Vista. Me and my husbond only have one day - is it possible to visit them all or ..... could one of you out there recommend 2 of them. Very best regards Gaby

Level Contributor
36,627 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sonoma Vineyards - visit

We love Gundlach-bundschu. Would also keep Sebastiani on the list. :)

united states
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sonoma Vineyards - visit

Hi Gaby!

It depends on what type of "visit" you have in mind. If you're thinking about doing tours and tastings at each, then you would need to pare down. If you have something more casual in mind, like a regular tatsing and a casual exploration of the grounds, then you certainly could mange all 4 in one day.

Sonoma, California
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sonoma Vineyards - visit

All of those are nice wineries... Gun Bun & Buena Vista being our favorites on your list! I'd also recommend Benziger's Tram Tour for the education & the free tasting at their sister winery Imagery. Enjoy Sonoma!

DK
Level Contributor
81 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sonoma Vineyards - visit

Thanks for your comments. Benziger .... I will take a look of them on the web ;). l tour (education) will do - and then tasting. Regards Gaby

united states
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sonoma Vineyards - visit

Gaby, if you are willing/able to look outside of the town of Sonoma there are lots of options that could make a wonderful 1-day excursion to the area. If you'll tell us your wine preferences and what time you expect to arrive in the area I suspect you will get lots of interesting suggestions.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,568 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sonoma Vineyards - visit

I would not bother going further afield than the town of Sonoma, and the area, with one day. The wineries you mention are all excellent.

Ravenswood, Sebastiani, Buena Vista are actually all within walking distance of the Sonoma Plaza, as is Bartholomew. Gunldach-Bundschu is a short drive, and I would certainly include it.

See the February issue of "Budget Travel" for an article "Sonoma Step-by-Step", which has a map. And/or the Visitor's Center in the Sonoma Plaza will have one. (small brick building on 1st Street East.) You will probably not have time to "do the walk", but do read the article.

Benzinger has a wonderful tram-tractor tour of its biodyanmic, sustainable vineyarsd, but it is Glen Ellen, about 7 miles north of the town of Sonoma. If you are interested you should make an appointment. As I remember it was at least an hour, and worth every minute. I would make time for it, wherever else you visit on that day.

http://www.benziger.com/come-visit

DK
Level Contributor
81 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sonoma Vineyards - visit

Thank you for all your fine advise. Now I can plan a very fine vineyard-trips.

Gaby

DK
Level Contributor
81 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sonoma Vineyards - visit

- otherfootloose

We will be arriving in San Francisco the 14th July and leave again the 18th July. I am very open for suggestions outside Sonoma :).

Gaby

Sonoma, CA
Level Contributor
79 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sonoma Vineyards - visit

Just a quick note for planning...Ravenswood and Buena Vista are definately not within walking distance from the plaza!!

DK
Level Contributor
81 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sonoma Vineyards - visit

- lovingsonoma

Thanks for your comments.

I appreciate it.

Gaby