We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Driver needed

Memphis, Tennessee
2 posts
Save Topic
Private Driver needed

Hi- I am taking my husband to San Fran for his 30th birthday in September, and am looking for a driver to pick us up at our hotel in Saucelito, take us to the vinyards in Sonoma, and drive us back home. There will be 6 passengers, and would love if the driver could help plan our itinerary while in Sonoma. I am from TN and have no clue about San Fran/Sonoma so any advice is welcomed.

I was also hoping to have his 30th birthday dinner somewhere cute in Sonoma, so recomendations are welcomed for those as well. Thanks soooo much- Im so lost on where to begin!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
53,561 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private Driver needed

we love this limo company called Lone Star limo. great owners, amazing service and drivers -- Jen is the owner and she responds to emails directly

http://www.lnstarlimo.com/

Memphis, Tennessee
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Private Driver needed

Perfect! Thank you so much for your recommendation!

united states
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private Driver needed

Meg, there are lots of companies in the area that can help you. Do a forum seach for reviews and rec's, or perhaps even better check with the conceirge at your lodging in Sausilito.

For potential dining venues in Sonoma, if you like the idea of a steakhouse, try Saddles at MacArthur Place; if you'd like something Italian, try Della Santinos; for something a bit more fancy, try Cafe LeHaye.

Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Private Driver needed

I can certainly vouch for Artisan Wine Tours. Based in the Sonoma Valley and they have a lux vehicle that perfectly fits the capacity you need. Owner has been collecting wine for twenty years in both the Napa Valley and Sonoma Valley. Rates have stayed the same for the last three years and they do NOT slap you with add-on charges such as auto gratuities, fuel surcharges or phony taxes/fees. They even DEADHEAD to Sausalito at NO CHARGE and drop you back home at NO CHARGE. All planning is part of the program. The only caveat is that this highly rated company fills out in Sept and they require that you spend time with them to plan the perfect day. No last minute paste-together itineraries - not in wine country in Sept. If you want great venues, you'll need appointments and a good idea of the types of places you'd like to visit and the wines you would like to try. Also, their website is full of good ideas. www.artisanwinetours.com

Lin Durling

5. Re: Private Driver needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 21:19