We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cooking Class Question and Open to Suggestions!

Huntersville, North...
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Cooking Class Question and Open to Suggestions!

Hi - I noticed cooking classes with dinner and wines are offered occasionally at the Depot Restaurant. Has anyone tried one of these classes? We'll be in Sonoma in the next few weeks and are looking for suggestions for some interesting things to do when not tasting wine!

For tasting, we like cabs and zins in particular and would love any suggestions for smaller, family wineries in Sonoma county. (We're also heading to Napa for a couple of day trips to Hall Rutherford, Joseph Phelps, and Spottswoode too. ) Thanks everyone for your suggestions-

united states
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cooking Class Question and Open to Suggestions!

Not familiar with the cooking class you metioned, but there are culinary class options available in the county- Ramekins comes to mind at the moment.

You might enjoy one of the food/wine pairings available at Mayo Reserve room or St. Francis or Chateau St. Jean.

There are lots of things to do in the county- it just depends on your interests...

I was just reading about the wine carriage tour in Alexander Valley which sounds great, then if you afre really adventurous there is a zip line course in the Russian River area, and there are numerous galleries to explore. The 101 Things to Do guide for Sonoma county may be helpful to you for specifics.

For winery ideas you might look at the results from Harvest Fair and choose some of the winners from there. You can search by a number of variables. Also, a general forum search can be helpful. I like to use Sunset Magazine and Napa/Sonoma archived articles to find places to visit, and not long ago I found a great blog called " NE14Zin" which mentioned wineries completely new to us.

If you are going to be in the area in October you should absolutely look at the events calendars for harvest events; there are tons of them coming up.

Level Contributor
35,736 posts
903 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cooking Class Question and Open to Suggestions!

For a smaller, family-owned winery, check out Blackstone. :)

3. Re: Cooking Class Question and Open to Suggestions!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 22:16