We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seeking an outdoor venue in Sonoma with lodging in walking d

Rochester, NY
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Seeking an outdoor venue in Sonoma with lodging in walking d

Hello all,

My fiancee and I are looking for a wedding venue in Sonoma County. Our two critical criteria are that it allow for an outdoor ceremony and that the majority of our ~150 guests be able (and ideally encouraged by a little bit of remoteness) to stay the night within walking distance of the reception.

So far we've found Dawn Ranch (http://www.dawnranch.com/), which seems to fit our needs but is a little expensive (though not totally out of the question). We're looking for alternatives for comparison.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for your help!

Mill Valley/Marin...
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Seeking an outdoor venue in Sonoma with lodging in walking d

There is a good online guide called "Here Comes the Guide" which has wedding locations in Northern California.

I have been to several (spectacular) Sonoma and Napa wine country weddings. A few Sonoma County locations for an outdoor wedding that I can think of off the top of my head include: Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn, Viansa Winery and Marketplace, and Jacuzzi Winery.

Based on my personal experience, a Sonoma (or Napa) wine country wedding is an expensive venture. Keep in mind that it can be a tricky destination for your 150 friends and family coming from out of town. If you get married on a weekend during a good weather month, the lodging can be very expensive for your guests. If you choose a wedding location, try to reserve a block of rooms somewhere close by for your guests if you want everyone to be able to hang out together for the event. If you wait until you have the invitations sent, there may be very little available for your guests to find, and they may have to stay far away.

This is probably too much information, but if you are on a budget, think carefully.

2. Re: Seeking an outdoor venue in Sonoma with lodging in walking d

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 15:41