We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glen Ellen Wineries?

Which Sonoma hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Las Vegas
Level Contributor
597 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Glen Ellen Wineries?

We are heading to Benzinger for a tour and tasting next Saturday. I'm wondering if there are any wineries close by that you all would recommend. How is B.R. Cohn? Any others?

We are staying in Sonoma and doing some of the Sonoma wineries on Sunday. Thanks!

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
597 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Glen Ellen Wineries?

Actually I just read a post below that had some very good recommendations. This after I did a search and came up with nothing! Still taking suggestions though!

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Glen Ellen Wineries?

We really liked Br Cohn. In addition to wine tasting they had olive oil tasting when we were there.

You could easily visit Valley of the Moon as well.

Level Contributor
34,991 posts
898 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Glen Ellen Wineries?

BR Cohn is great! I would also suggest Gundlach-Bundshu and Sebastiani, both fairly close to one another. Kenwood is also fun and the tasting fee is complimentary. Their wines are very good and VERY affordable. The Vintage White sells there for $5/bottle which is unbelievable. Tastes like a good Sauv Blanc. The Sonoma Mission Inn leaves complimentary bottles of this wine in all of their rooms there.

Louisville, Kentucky
Destination Expert
for Louisville
Level Contributor
1,932 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Glen Ellen Wineries?

From Benziger, go south starting at Imagery. VERY cool place, art gallery. Gundlach is a good call, Gloria Ferrer (sparkling) is worth a visit for the beauty and has a nice gift shop. Viansa has all the free food samples- their wines are so-so, the place is a zoo usually.

Sonoma, California
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Glen Ellen Wineries?

Bruce Cohn's winery is a kick to visit. He is the manager for the Doobie Brothers, so you will see D.B. memorabilia in the tasting room. I agree with the Kenwood recommendation, and would add Kunde to the list. There are so many here to choose from. Glen Ellen is pretty close to Sonoma (ten minute drive), so no need to limit yourself to just Glen Ellen wineries on your tour day.

Save time for a walk around the Sonoma Plaza (our town square), shopping and a drink at the Swiss Hotel sidewalk cafe/bar.

You are going to love this town -- everyone has a great time here. The locals are friendly, we have fabulous restaurants, a couple of fun bars... and more great wineries than you could visit in a full month.

Have fun!