We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Sonoma

Which Sonoma hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
10 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Sonoma

Hi

My husband and I are travelling to Sonoma from SF for 2 nights. We would like B&B style accommodation or small cottage but we have no idea where we should stay to get the most out of our visit. We are from Australia and by the time we get to Sonoma we will have been travelling for 4 weeks. We would like Sonoma to be relaxing - walking and taking in the sights. We will have a car and we would like a reasonable price for our accommodation - no more than 190 per night.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,750 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Sonoma

Are you looking around the town of Sonoma or somewhere in Sonoma County, which is vast an covers a lot of territory.

Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
10 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Sonoma

To be honest I am not sure. We are open to any suggestions. We have been told that the country around Sonoma is beautiful and I have been on to the Sonoma official website. We would like to walk/drive/picnic and generally relax and take it easy. From Sonoma we head to Yosemite then Carmel and Santa Barbara and then home, spending 2nights in each location. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

cheers Elizabeth

Level Contributor
34,525 posts
890 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Sonoma

Check out The Inn at Sonoma and in Carmel there is The Normandy Inn, right on Ocean Ave. Both places are small Inns in great locations. Enjoy your travels! :)

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
Level Contributor
7,317 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Sonoma

I came across this article the other day:

budgettravel.com/feature/…

I'm sure the prices have gone up since 2011 but maybe this place is worth a splurge.

Time of year is important for getting good rates. Winter is cheaper than summer or fall and mid-week is cheaper than weekends.

The Kenwood and Glen Ellen areas have a number of small inns and B&Bs and are two of the nicest locations near Sonoma.

Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
10 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Sonoma

Thank you for your suggestions. I will check these out. Cheers

6. Re: Where to stay in Sonoma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2014, 05:17