We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining Options in Sonoma

Tampa, Florida
7 posts
Save Topic
Dining Options in Sonoma

My husband and I are staying in Sonoma for 5 days (Saturday-Wednesday) in mid-May. We will be staying at The Lodge at Sonoma. We would prefer to eat at restaurants in the town square or nearby but we are not opposed to driving a bit if there is a restaurant not to be missed. We enjoy eating at nice (although not fancy) places, but we also enjoy getting good food for a good value.

We would like dinner recommendations for Saturday, Sunday, and Monday evening; plus brunch recommendations for Sunday morning. Tuesday evening we plan to visit the Farmer's Market (I was told that there is plenty to taste & eat/drink while walking around) and Wednesday evening we plan to go to the sunset picnic at Paradise Ridge.

After doing some initial research I was considering making dinner reservations at Cafe LaHaye, The Girl & The Fig, and Harvest Moon Cafe. Would we be better off having Sunday brunch at any of these places? I'm also considering El Dorado Kitchen and our hotel restaurant Carneros (I'm usually hesitant to eat at hotel restaurants since they're typically overpriced for the quality of food) Look forward to getting everyone's feedback on what restaurants to try..thank you!

Level Contributor
35,452 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dining Options in Sonoma

No worries about Carneros @ your hotel. The food quality is right up there with your other choices. For a nice brunch, consider Sante @ The Sonoma Mission Inn in nearby (5 min) Boyes Hot Springs. If you want a spa treatment, this is your place to go! :).

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,167 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dining Options in Sonoma

Recommended restaurants around the Plaza: (you have some of these already.)

El Dorado Kitchen (a very nice restaurant in the El Dorado Hotel, optional patio seating). the girl and the fig (excellent bistro type food next to the historic Sonoma Hotel. Also has patio seating. Cafe La Haye (fairly small be sure you have reservations.) Della Santini.

There are also a lot of more casual, but very good, selections around the Plaza. The Red Grape comes to mind. Also something called, I think, the Sunshine Cafe.

Menus are online.

3. Re: Dining Options in Sonoma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2014, 04:17