We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time for the Details

Nebraska
Level Contributor
42 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Time for the Details

I've been researching and planning our trip to Sonoma for many months now, yet here I am in need of the expert's advice. We have a short trip planned Sonoma in early October. We are renting a cottage through VRBO and will be staying in the town of Sonoma. We like reds, mostly Cabs and Zins. We will be flying into San Fran on a Sunday and plan on hitting Cline and some others on the way into Sonoma. Here are my questions:

Should we do a tour? Like Platypus or similar? We are pretty adventurous and part of the fun of going on a trip for me, is planning so I don't mind that piece of it. From the reviews the tours sound fun but wondering if we would be better off making our own plan.

I would like to explore the town of Sonoma but would also like to head north and see some stuff up there. We are looking to purchase some wine that we could drink now as well as some wine that would age well. How do most people get their wine home? I've done a search on this with results being some ship it home and some take it on the airplane. None of the results are recent, however.

Where would you suggest for nice anniversary dinner? We are down to earth, casual people but love a good dinner experience and are willing to pay for it (although French Laundry isn't in the budget)

I realize October is a busy month but we are flying in on a Sunday and leaving on Wednesday so we are hoping that will alleviate some of the crowds. So there you have it, please give me your best advice.

Sonoma Valley Wine Trolley
Sightseeing Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Sonoma Adventures
Wine Tours & Tastings , Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Bike Tours
1. Re: Time for the Details

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2014, 05:17