We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

last minute suggestions PLEASE!

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
130 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
last minute suggestions PLEASE!

My husband and I will be staying for 3 nights in Napa next week. We had planned an additional 2 nights in Bodega Bay but have just found out the hotel we have booked will be undergoing some road construction in the front of their establishment that may be quite loud and disturbing. Does anyone have any last minute suggestions for 2 nights in another town (maybe Yountsville or Calistoga) in case we decide to cancel BB. This will be our first visit to the area so any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

PS we also want to visit the Armstrong Natl Forest so want to be in that area.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
634 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: last minute suggestions PLEASE!

Too bad about your plan, but all is not lost! Since the far west of the county is on your radar anyway, try looking through the russianrivertravel.com website to see which small towns have lodging. Guerneville would be the closest to Armstrong Preserve.

I don't know if you realize that you posted on a Sonoma forum and are asking about towns in Napa County, by the way. You may need to re-post to get input on those two specifically.

Healdsburg would be another option, and it has all the bells and whistles many folks want in a wine country experience....proximity to great wineries, walkable to dining and shopping and pretty surroundings.

Level Contributor
35,953 posts
904 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: last minute suggestions PLEASE!

Healdsburg is a lovely town to explore! Have a look at The Hotel Healdsburg or The Inn @ The Plaza there. In Calistoga, we love Indian Springs Resort. :)

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
130 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: last minute suggestions PLEASE!

Thanks so much, I am checking all suggestions now. Haven't completely given up on BB, it looks like a lovely place.

4. Re: last minute suggestions PLEASE!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2014, 05:20