We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for anniversary dinner in Sonoma

Which Sonoma hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
WI
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions for anniversary dinner in Sonoma

We are staying just south of Sonoma at the end of Sept 2014 for our 25th wedding anniversary. Any suggestions for restaurants in or around the town of Sonoma? We like steak & seafood. Budget is around $200 or less for the 2 of us. Thanks!

Level Contributor
34,991 posts
898 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for anniversary dinner in Sonoma

Girl and the fig is very nice. Also consider Sante @ The Sonoma Mission Inn. Happy Anniversary! :).

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
14,493 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for anniversary dinner in Sonoma

For steak and seafood, try Saddles, at MacArthur Place Hotel. Most restaurants in the area have menus leaning toward modern California cuisine, French, Italian, with lots of other ethnic options.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,955 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for anniversary dinner in Sonoma

Yes, I would do Saddles for steak and seafood. girl and the fig is more of a French bistro menu. Sante also has a French accent. The one steak on their menu is $48.

MacArthur place is the former country estate of a San Francisco newspaperman who raised trotting horses as a hobby. The restaurant, Saddles, is in the former horse barn. They specialize in steaks and seafood.

http://www.macarthurplace.com/dining.php

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
14,493 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions for anniversary dinner in Sonoma

>>The restaurant, Saddles, is in the former horse barn. They specialize in steaks<<

I never did figure out who thought this was a good name for a steak restaurant... it only makes me think of something "as tough as an old saddle".

Level Contributor
34,991 posts
898 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions for anniversary dinner in Sonoma

Our meal at Della Santina last night was disappointing. They have a pretty patio but the food was not very good. Our service was very spotty and slow also. Was expecting a lot more from this place. It's a crisp sunny day in Sonoma today. Looking forward to more exploring and wine tasting! :).

Level Contributor
34,991 posts
898 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions for anniversary dinner in Sonoma

Last night we dined at Sante and were very impressed with the food quality and service. This was the nicest dining experience we have had since Cyrus closed. :).

Louisville, Kentucky
Destination Expert
for Louisville
Level Contributor
1,932 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestions for anniversary dinner in Sonoma

Sorry to hear about Della...I have had great meals there. Sante is good, but not French, it is Italian. We didn't care for Saddles that much, but it was an Easter brunch.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,955 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Suggestions for anniversary dinner in Sonoma

Zagat calls the cuisine at Sante "Cal-French", not Italian.

However, here is their website.

fairmont.com/sonoma/dining/sante-restaurant/

I would consider it a special meal....you can read the reviews.

Louisville, Kentucky
Destination Expert
for Louisville
Level Contributor
1,932 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Suggestions for anniversary dinner in Sonoma

Mea culpa, I was referring to Santi which moved from Geyserville! It def was Italian and fantastic. Now, I need to go try Sante. Dang those vowels!

Edited: 05 May 2014, 02:23
Level Contributor
34,991 posts
898 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Suggestions for anniversary dinner in Sonoma

Sante is very different now, with their new remodel came elevated food quality and service. :).