We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sonoma on a Budget 30th Birthday Mid-Sept 2014

Which Sonoma hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado
2 posts
Save Topic
Sonoma on a Budget 30th Birthday Mid-Sept 2014

I am planning a trip to Sonoma for my 30th birthday in mid-September. There will be a total of 6 girls going, all first timers. We are thinking about renting a house instead of a hotel, or getting a condo downtown. What areas would be the best to stay in (including surrounding towns)? We would prefer to be able to walk to shopping and/or dining from where we stay. Also, there are several tours that I have read reviews about. Is it worth signing up for a bus tour, or would it be better if we drove to each place (one of the girls does not drink)? I am still looking into wineries and vineyards if we drove ourselves, but would like to see Ledson and St. Francis (I like red wine) and would also be willing to go into Napa if there are any other suggestions. We are trying to have the best experience on a budget and will be there for 4 days/3 nights.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,835 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sonoma on a Budget 30th Birthday Mid-Sept 2014

This might interest you...it is a collection of cottages, many within walking distance of the Sonoma Plaza. I don't know the prices, but if you start early you may be able to get something for all 6 of you.

sonomabb.com/room_type/vacation-rentals/

Level Contributor
34,723 posts
890 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sonoma on a Budget 30th Birthday Mid-Sept 2014

You will want to stay around the Plaza, walking distance to lots of great restaurants. Cafe La Haye, girl and the fig, El Dorado Kitchen and Swiss Hotel are all right there as well as some nice tasting rooms. :)

3. Re: Sonoma on a Budget 30th Birthday Mid-Sept 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2015, 06:18