We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Intern housing

Pune, India
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Intern housing

Hi everyone,

I am going to be in Sunnyvale June onwards till the third week of August working as an intern in a software company.It is situated on the Potrero Avenue.As I am going to be travelling from the East coast,could you please suggest the housing areas i should be looking at-I do not have a car.

Any help /suggestions are welcome,

thank you,

Aditya.

2 replies to this topic
Sunnyvale...
Destination Expert
for San Jose
Level Contributor
5,992 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Intern housing

Potrero Ave is in a pack of software type company zoning.

If you don't mind walking to work about 1-2 km each way, I recommend looking for housing at the intersection of Mathilda Ave and Maude Ave. The west side of the intersection is all industrial. The east side has lots of residential/apartment possibilities. This location puts you next to a grocery store and walking distance to post office, train station, transit center/taxis, several hotels, downtown Sunnyvale, etc. There's much better grocery options if you can get over to El Camino Rl somehow. (2-3 km walk each way, or get a bus pass) Mathilda Ave has a major bus line on it, though in my experience, that particular bus is only half reliable.

Try googling the area and then searching for apartments in the vicinity. A lot of the small single family homes in that area might be available for rent too.

Housing in other directions will be quite inconvenient from Potrero Ave--due to carless-unfriendly city sprawl.

Pune, India
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Intern housing

Thank-you for the reply. It gives me a fair idea where to begin searching.

Best, Aditya

Reply to: Intern housing
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sunnyvale