We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We are driving from Co to Oceanside Ca roundtrip in 5 days

carbondale, co
5 posts
Save Topic
We are driving from Co to Oceanside Ca roundtrip in 5 days

Does anyone have any suggestions on hotels to stay along the way? And once we get we heard Carlsbad is nice? We will only be there 2 days.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,690 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We are driving from Co to Oceanside Ca roundtrip in 5 days

That is alot of driving in five days.To do the trip comfortably,you need to split it up to two days each way.That would leave you one day in Carlsbad.

I live north of Carlsbad,and if I remember correctly,it took us about 16 -18 hours driving straight thru to Denver,with only fuel stops.

Have you considered flying?That way you would have at least a couple days to relax in Carlsbad.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,282 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We are driving from Co to Oceanside Ca roundtrip in 5 days

Carlsbad is nice, not much to do but shopping, Legoland and the beach. If you want more activities, then San Diego is close by. We enjoyed our stay at the Grand Pacific Palisades right next to Legoland.

On the way from Carbondale CO, you can probably make it to Vegas for the night. My sister usually stops in either St George or Mesquite on her way back from Denver to LA.

I would want to spend more than 5 days on a road trip like this. Have you looked at flying Southwest Airlines from Denver?

Mission Viejo...
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We are driving from Co to Oceanside Ca roundtrip in 5 days

OP- Did you post this to the Sutter Creek forum by mistake? The reason I ask is Sutter is located at the other end of the state near Sacramento. I recommend asking the moderators to move this over to the San Diego, Carlsbad, or California forum if you want to give it the best visibility.

carbondale, co
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: We are driving from Co to Oceanside Ca roundtrip in 5 days

We need to drive because we have a daughter in a wheelchair and need our van to transport her. We are going to a seminar in Oceanside so that is the main reason for the trip. Just trying to figure out the best place to stay for so little time.

5. Re: We are driving from Co to Oceanside Ca roundtrip in 5 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2010, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Sutter Creek