We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 days in Tahoe City and seeking restaurant advice

Virginia
Level Contributor
120 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
5 days in Tahoe City and seeking restaurant advice

We're spending 5 days next week in Tahoe City and wondering what the best restaurants might be for dinner? if other towns are not far, we are opent to eating a few nights at them. We love all kinds of food - except pizza. Advice?

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 days in Tahoe City and seeking restaurant advice

If you are willing to drive to Carnelian Bay you can dine lakeside at one of my favorites which is Garwoods. Try to eat on the deck and order a Wet Woody.

Also another fave is Sunnyside. You can eat on the deck there lakeside as well. Fab food! It is pretty much in Tahoe City just a couple of miles south on 89.

If you find yourself in Squaw Valley at dinnertime eat at Plumpjacks. Amazing.

Virginia
Level Contributor
120 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 days in Tahoe City and seeking restaurant advice

What about truckee for lunch? On a sunday

Lassen National...
Level Contributor
2,630 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 days in Tahoe City and seeking restaurant advice

Burger Me in Truckee is very good. Organic free range. Yummy fries & sweet potato fries. They also operate a food service for those in need.

http://burgermetruckee.com/

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 days in Tahoe City and seeking restaurant advice

How about lunch on the deck at River Ranch along the Truckee River? Good food but better views - watching the beautiful scenery and the rafters ending their trip at the rapids.

Level Contributor
35,226 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5 days in Tahoe City and seeking restaurant advice

We were in Truckee about a week ago and had a lovely lunch at Manzanita at The Ritz-Carlton. They have a nice outdoor patio there and the hotel is stunning. The Peach Cheesecake at Manzanita was absolutely delicious and they have a very nice selection of wines there, also. :)

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 5 days in Tahoe City and seeking restaurant advice

The Ritz Carlton is not in Truckee. It's at the Northstar Resort south of Truckee off 267 between Truckee and the lake.

Long Barn...
Level Contributor
4,717 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 5 days in Tahoe City and seeking restaurant advice

The Ritz Carlton at Northstar is upscale, but it would involve a pretty good drive from Tahoe City. I guess we are talking about longer drives for dining....? I might add Soule Domain Restaurant

which is right on the California/Nevada state line at Crystal Bay or The Lone Eagle at the Hyatt Regency Incline Village.

Lassen National...
Level Contributor
2,630 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 5 days in Tahoe City and seeking restaurant advice

Tahoe City to Northstar is 17 miles. Northstar's address is actually Truckee--it is 6 miles from downtown Truckee.

The OP asked for dining options in Tahoe City--excluding pizza--and dining option in Truckee. If she's traveling between the two Squaw would be an option along her drive. Suzie suggested Plumpjacks at Squaw.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 5 days in Tahoe City and seeking restaurant advice

The address may say Truckee for the purpose of the US mail but I wanted the OP to know that Northstar is not in Truckee proper in case that mattered.

River Ranch isn't in Truckee either which is why I said it was on the Truckee River. Just want to make sure the OP has all relevant information.

los altos
Level Contributor
12 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 5 days in Tahoe City and seeking restaurant advice

In Truckee, Smokey's for BBQ. In Tahoe City, Jakes on the Lake for a great view of the lake, dinner or lunch. And the Bridgetender for lunch, sit outside along the Truckee River.

Get answers to your questions about Tahoe City