We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Places to Eat?

California
Level Contributor
92 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Great Places to Eat?

hey everyone,

My partner and I are going down to Temecula this weekend for our anniversary. I wanted to find out some good restuarants for an anniversary, any type of food is okay. Also, any suggestions on great places for breakfast would be great too.

Price, anything under $50 per person. Steak, italian, mexican, greek, anything really.

Thanks for your help, Jen.

Temecula, CA
Destination Expert
for Temecula
Level Contributor
1,328 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great Places to Eat?

Hello - For romance - I suggest the Grill at the Temecula Creek. However, call TODAY and ask for a table by the window overlooking waterfall area. The food is great, the view is perfect. You can view their dinner menu on line. Google Temecula Creek Inn. Entrees run from mid 20's to $40. You can also try the wineries (Wilson Creek, Ponte, Southcoast, etc.,). I've eaten at Ponte (very good) and Southcoast (also good) but the romatic ambiance isn't the same as the Inn. Also, the serving atmosphere at the wineries tend to be more rushed than laid back. I've never had a bad experience at the Inn, I can't say the same for the wineries. My experience with their serving crews have been hit and miss. I definitely do not recommend Thorton (although others may disagree with me). I find their staff snooty, their portions small, and their prices high, but they do have an excellent location and gorgeous building.

The Temecula Creek Inn also has a Sunday brunch, but its expensive. If you really want some very good breakfast for a very good price, Penfolds is a local favorite, but its a diner atmosphere. Again, the wineries offer brunches on Sunday as well. All of the menus are on-line so you can view in advance. We have a Marie Callendars that serves brunch, Mimi's Cafe, IHOP etc., if you want a break on your wallet. Also, Richie's Diner (Hwy 79 aka Temecula Parkway) serves a good breakfast, but again, its a diner and its VERY busy on Sundays. Best time to hit the diners and avoid the crowds is between 10 - 11 or after noon but before 2.

Congratulations on your anniversary.

2. Re: Great Places to Eat?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2010, 07:16