We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cowboy Bar

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
74 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Cowboy Bar

I've seen pictures of what looks like a cowboy bar in Temecula. I was actually talking to a person in Saskatoon who had been there but couldn't remember the name of the establishment. Can anyone help me?

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
24,491 posts
5,478 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cowboy Bar

perhaps the Temecula Stampede

http://www.temeculastampede.com/index.php

www.yelp.com/biz/temecula-stampede-temecula

Temecula, CA
Destination Expert
for Temecula
Level Contributor
1,326 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cowboy Bar

Yes, I believe what you are looking for is the Stampede. Its downtown in Old Town, near the intersection of Old Town Front Street and Santiago. Heavy marine traffic there on Fridays and Saturdays, and sometimes Wednesdays which is 'hip hop night". They have a website www.temeculastampede.com

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
74 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cowboy Bar

Thanks for the quick responses. After reading the Yelp reviews, maybe this isn't the right place for my wife and I. Oh well, I'm sure we'll find a watering hole more appropriate for a fun-loving but "middle age" couple. Any suggestions for a great happy hour in Old Town?

Temecula, CA
Destination Expert
for Temecula
Level Contributor
1,326 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cowboy Bar

Hello - go here: www.oldtowntemecula.com/restaurants.html for a list of places in Old Town that may suits your needs. Unforunately, the town essentially winds down around 9-10, as does most of the city (chalk it up to being a 'family town' - I have no other explanation) Texas Lil's, a sister company of Texas Looseys, might fit into what you have in mind. Bailey's is a nice place to eat, but I believe it is more laid back and quiet versus bar-like with dancing. There Harry's Bar and Grill up near the mall that seems to have a loyal night life. There's also the Yard House and PF Changs up in the mall itself. Again, there's not much of a bar/dance scene in Temecula. The City Council and Planning Department seems to discourage this type of business. .

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
74 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cowboy Bar

Thanks Meadowlark. After visiting Texas Lil's website, and checking out their gallery, I'm convinced this is the "cowboy bar" we seek! Should be fun!

Temecula, CA
Destination Expert
for Temecula
Level Contributor
1,326 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cowboy Bar

Hello Again - I did some checking around, since this is not my particular area of expertise. There is a restaurant up near the mall called Frankie's Steak and Seafood. Go here: http://www.frankies-restaurant.com. They have a latin jazz happy hour and yes, they pull the tables back for dancing. I've eated here - food was very good. However, I have not tried their happy hour. Reservations seem to be a must for the restaurant as it took us a couple of tries to be able to eat at the restaurant. Sorry I can't be of more help, but everyone I asked about 'dancing and happy hour' simply scratched their heads and said 'well - let me think for awhile." :) Goes to show you that Temecula could really use a nice place for the middle-age crowd to dance and enjoy happy hour.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
74 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cowboy Bar

Thanks ML1959 - you've been a great help. The hard part will be deciding where to go. We're only in town for a couple days. Between golf, wine tasting, shopping and happy hours, we'll be busy. Now if we can just get some nice weather...

8. Re: Cowboy Bar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2010, 05:19