We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dog friendly restaurants in/near Temecula?

Which Temecula hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pasadena, California
Destination Expert
for Pasadena
Level Contributor
5,839 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Dog friendly restaurants in/near Temecula?

We have a relative who recently moved to the Temecula area. We're planning to visit for a day, and would like to take our dogs. Can anyone recommend a restaurant that allows dogs, with a pleasant patio? I know that some Starbucks/fast food places have tables on the sidewalk, but we are looking for something a little nicer and more relaxing, hopefully with shade.

Pasadena, California
Destination Expert
for Pasadena
Level Contributor
5,839 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dog friendly restaurants in/near Temecula?

In case Meadowlark see this...would also welcome information about best local "places", other than the mall, Old Town and wineries. We'd love info on best parks, and perhaps recreational lakes with beaches. Also if you know if dogs are permitted, even on leash. Thanks in advance!

Temecula, CA
Destination Expert
for Temecula
Level Contributor
1,321 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dog friendly restaurants in/near Temecula?

Hello and welcome to the Temecula forum :) - Good news! Yes - we do have quite a few places that allow dogs. Over 30 to be exact!

One of my favorites is the Lazy Dog Cafe at the Promanade Mall. They have a patio area that is misted (in this heat - a must!) and they cater to dog owners. Food is decent as well.

I can also recommend Gourmet Italia and they offer a dog friendly patio. We tried this place out this weekend (been here 17 years and this is the first time we tried - shame on me!). Their food was excellent, as was their service. Place is very busy at the dinner hour though - so be prepared.

Lucilles BBQ. the Yard House and PF Changs also have outside patios. All are at the Promanade Mall as well. I've taken my own dog to PF Changs and their staff didn't say anything about eating out on the patio, but I don't know their policy for sure. I do know that the Lazy Dog Cafe doesn't have a problem with dogs on their patio. Lucille's may be a little rough because their patio is located along a major walkway and that may make your dogs uncomfortable. But either PF Changs or Yard House are options because their patios are a little more secluded. I would call ahead if you want to try either of these two and ask about their specific policy.

There are a few places in Old Town. Mad Madelline's Grill - but that's a hamburger place and you seem to want to avoid that atmosphere.

We have a dog park - its located over near Pechanga. You can let well-behaved non-aggressive dogs off leash there. However, if you have one of the small dogs, be aware that we do have hawks and those smaller dogs are very tasty hawk food!

We also have a lot of walking trails that are shaded (a must in this heat). All parks allow dogs so long as they are leashed.

Temecula is a bit spread out - one section doesn't have much in the way of walking trails (over near Winchester Road). The better walking trails are along Pauba, Butterfield Stage, Meadows Parkway, etc. If you PM me with generalized idea of where your relative lives, I can give you more specific information, but here I have to speak in generalities.

Here's a website that can give you more info if you need: http://www.temeculadogfriendly.com/

Hope you have fun!

Pasadena, California
Destination Expert
for Pasadena
Level Contributor
5,839 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dog friendly restaurants in/near Temecula?

This is all so helpful! And thanks for the link to dog-friendly Temecula.

4. Re: Dog friendly restaurants in/near Temecula?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2014, 05:17