We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

traveling with four children ranging in age from 10 -16

Roseville...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
traveling with four children ranging in age from 10 -16

What are interesting things to do with children in Sea Ranch.? Are there bicycles for rent, kayaks, canoes? Will not be able to take our bikes. Want to visit the California coast as we live in Nebraska.

Unbeaten Path Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Sea Ranch Chapel
Architectural Buildings, Sacred & Religious Sites, Monuments & Statues, Points of Interest & Landmarks, Churches & Cathedrals
Walk On Beach Sea Ranch Access Trail
Jogging Paths & Tracks, Hiking Trails
4 replies to this topic
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
53,614 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: traveling with four children ranging in age from 10 -16

Any reason you chose Sea Ranch up in the Sonoma Coast area as your first coastal area to visit in CA -- which has plenty of beaches and miles of sand in SoCal v/s the rocky area around Sea Ranch ?

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,586 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: traveling with four children ranging in age from 10 -16

Sea Ranch is fine. It is one of my favorite places in the world. It is just south of the town of Gualala, which has the Gualala River, where you can rent canoes and kayaks. Here is a company which supplies them. There are sandy beaches in Gualala, just not the long ones you find in So California. And don't expect it to be hot. I have had several fun barbeques on the sand by the river.

http://www.adventurerents.com/

And here is a bicycle rental.

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g32463-d48…

Are you staying at the Sea Ranch Lodge or renting one of the lovely houses? There is a system of trails you will have access to, which cover the entire vast property, from strolls along the bluffs to walks along the meadows to climbs up to the hillside. Find the Two Fish Bakery, which is up by the airport and has the best bread and pastries ever. They sell out early, however.

In the town of Gualala, there is a lovely new arts center, and there are galleries in town, as well. Children may not be too interested, but see if you can get away for a little <grin>. There is also an excellent bookstore, Four Eyed Frog, run by two brothers who know more about books than anyone I know.

Have a great time and please report back so that I can add to what I know about it for future travelers.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,586 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: traveling with four children ranging in age from 10 -16

Oh, I forgot. Depending upon the ages of your children, there are stables. I don't have much information on whether they "rent" horses or do rides, but you can find out by inquiring at the Lodge when you are there.

4. Re: traveling with four children ranging in age from 10 -16

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2014, 03:32

Reply to: traveling with four children ranging in age from 10 -16
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about The Sea Ranch