We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tiburon Update

California
Level Contributor
324 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Tiburon Update

Not much action on this board, but I just wanted to update a few things from my 2005 post. I live in Tiburon and we FINALLY do have a really fun and excellent restaurant called Three Degrees. It's by far the best place to eat in Tiburon. The restaurant is in the Tiburon Lodge, which languished for years as a bad motel, but has finally been redone. For lodging in Tiburon, you have two choices. Tiburon Lodge is a more traditional, nice two-story motor-lodge-overlooking-the-pool type of thing, some rooms with views of hills. Now that they have Three Degrees, the hotel is booked most of the time, and they are doing a big conference business as well. The restaurant has outdoor tables, and the locals are flocking there (myself included).

BUT, if you want to stay someplace quiet, check out The Water's Edge. It's just a short walk to Tiburon Lodge, so you can still eat at Three Degrees, but the rooms are more sophisticated, and some have water views. It's right on our little Main Street, which sounds busy, but isn't, and in fact is closed to cars on Friday nights when folks come out and walk around. My perfect weekend (if I didn't live here) would be to stay at Water's Edge, walk to The Sweden House for breakfast, take the ferry to the SF Ferry Building one day, maybe have dinner at the Slanted Door one night (at the Ferry Building), and shuffle over to Three Degrees the other night. (Check Blue and Gold ferry schedules, however, as they don't run late.)

And ladies, drop in to Paparazzi for a little shopping. The gals in there very talented at putting together a great outfit for you. It's high style, lots of fun. Also gorgeous clothes at Little Black Dress, but quite expensive.

Don't speed. Cops are always out in force. If you want lots of action, go to Sausalito. Tiburon is not for the Vegas crowd.

Vacaville...
Level Contributor
676 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tiburon Update

Good report...thanks...I am surprised there are no bed & breakfast places in Tiburon...

2. Re: Tiburon Update

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Tiburon
Recent Conversations
More Tiburon Topics