We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ANY IDEAS on a Good medical doctor for a senior citizen?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
186 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
ANY IDEAS on a Good medical doctor for a senior citizen?

Hi!

The forum has been a big help for me with my travels but now I have an unrelated question. I'm hoping someone might have an idea where I could get some information or know a good geriatric doctor for my aging Dad who will be staying with us in Torrance this winter. The Torrance Memorial Hospital and Little Company of Mary are close to us. Can anyone recommend a good general practitioner

at either of these places? We belong to Kaiser but it's member's only there...

Thanks!

Happytrails

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,828 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ANY IDEAS on a Good medical doctor for a senior citizen?

I use the Providence Family Medical Center connected with Little Co of Mary Hospital. The doctors are by appointment only, but across the hallway they have an Urgent Care facility.

There are other UC's in Torrance on Crenshaw and near Del Amo if you live closer to that area.

Family MedicalCenter

520 N. Prospect Ave.

Redondo Beach, CA

310 376-8816

http://www.lcmweb.org/milcm/redon.html

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
186 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ANY IDEAS on a Good medical doctor for a senior citizen?

Dear CAnative,

I knew I could count on someone in the Forum! Thank you for that website. I will read the descriptions on the doctors and see who looks good. I may also check into Torrance Memorial as well. Thanks for giving me some ideas!

Happytrails

3. Re: ANY IDEAS on a Good medical doctor for a senior citizen?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2010, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Torrance