We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Truckee/Northstar/Squaw Valley information is available

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,178 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Truckee/Northstar/Squaw Valley information is available

I have gotten such great information from TripAdvisor forums. The Puerto Vallarta forum is so informative. I thought that I would log on to the Truckee forum. I have lived here for 15 years and have local knowledge. South Lake Tahoe has an active forum. If you type in "Lake Tahoe", you get the South Tahoe board. The new Village at Northstar and the already great Village at Squaw aren't very close to South Shore.

Any questions? I'd be happy to share info on my beautiful area.

daly city, ca
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Truckee/Northstar/Squaw Valley information is available

Thanks for sharing...My family and I are planning a day trip to play in the snow and thought we'd stay at Truckee. What are some interesting things to do/see there? And is there some snow to play in?

We also thought of going to the Kid playground at Soda Springs Ski...have you heard anything about that?

Thanks so much!

San Leandro...
Level Contributor
3 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Truckee/Northstar/Squaw Valley information is available

I'm heading up tomorrow (last minute idea) and would like to know your best suggestions for hiking (easy to moderate) for Monday....thx! Moo

Minnesota
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Truckee/Northstar/Squaw Valley information is available

Hello. Thanks for your invitation to post. My husband and I are considering a summer trip to Tahoe in June. We will travel with our two children (girls, ages 5 and 8). I am looking for a great place to stay and a great website with information about kids' activities.

Thanks!

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Truckee/Northstar/Squaw Valley information is available

Spotcat:

I'm researching NorthStar and Squaw as possilbe destination for Spring Break (Mid-March 2008) for myself, husband and 7 yr old - we are all relatively "beginner skiers" and want to avoid the NM rush we experienced last year - more Texans than NM'ers.

That being said, can you advise of hotels, condos, ski conditions (typical) for march, family friendly but nice - depending on accommodations price will not too much of a concern.

Many thanks,

TexasBeth

Huntington
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Truckee/Northstar/Squaw Valley information is available

I want to fly into San Fran (I'm coming in late 11:00pm) for Feb break and somehow truck off to Truckee just before trekking over into Squaw the next day. My question is do I need to worry about having chains for Truckee or can I wait till the following day to buy chains in Truckee and then make the climb over the mountains into Squaw...or is Truckee already high up and I'm going to need chains just to get near it? The California law is the same as two years ago, I am assuming that even 4x4 need to have chains (otherwise I would skip the hassle and rent a 4x4). I try to save money and just rent a front wheel drive car and then go to the chain monkeys to get the job done. It really is a pain... In Vermont you never have to worry about the hassle. I have been on some rough roads in Cali Route 50 thru the pass and I have been on even rougher out here on the east and they don't make us put Chains on everything. Any help would be appreciated.

Southern Ca
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Truckee/Northstar/Squaw Valley information is available

Hi Spotcat:

We're heading up to Truckee (from los angeles area) for Thanksgiving week. Which route would you recommend, 395 or I-80?

Thank you!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
65 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Truckee/Northstar/Squaw Valley information is available

Hi Spotcat!

We are heading up to Tahoe the 11th of July and will stop in Truckee. What are some must do things that you recommend. We have daughters ages 12 and 15. How far is donner lake from Truckee? Thanks in advance

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
124 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Truckee/Northstar/Squaw Valley information is available

Economical lodging optinos near Northstar and Squaw Valley for a group of 6?

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Truckee/Northstar/Squaw Valley information is available

Does economical have an amount? Is this for a specific time of year? Should I assume winter? Do you want hotel or condo? Do you have any requirements as to amenities?

10. Re: Truckee/Northstar/Squaw Valley information is available

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 09:22