We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two days & nights in Ukiah

Which Ukiah hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Two days & nights in Ukiah

Hi there,

My husband and I plan to stay in Ukiah for two days & nights in early September as part of our California vacation. We will be leaving San Francisco about 9.00am on Labor Day and I'd be delighted if anyone could help with our itinerary! We are staying at the Hampton Inn. Here are some of the things we’d like to do.

Vichy Hot Springs

City of Ten Thousand Buddhas (A quick look around and possibly lunch)

Parducci or Nelson Family Vineyards

The Mendocino Tree or another forest with trails where we could walk in beautiful nature and redwood trees.

The Grace Hudson Museum

As we are arriving on Labor Day would Vichy Springs be very crowded and more relaxing to visit the next day? We would like to spend at least half a day there, enjoy the baths and hike up to the waterfall, also will there be much of a waterfall at this time of year? Both Parducci and Nelson sound lovely so hard to choose. As we would both like to taste some wines would there be a taxi service we could use and what would the likely cost of that be from The Hampton Inn to say Parducci? As we are not from the US is everything likely to be closed on a Bank Holiday?

Thanks.

1 reply
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Two days & nights in Ukiah

Hi there! I feel awful I did not see this post earlier to give you some suggestions for your planning. Which winery did you end up going to? If you didn't make it out to Parducci and are ever back out to glorious Mendocino County (isn’t it beautiful?) I would like to offer you a complimentary tour and tasting on the house. Being the oldest winery in Mendocino County and the first carbon neutral winery in the U.S. it is a must see. I wish I would have seen this sooner! My apologies! I hope regardless that you enjoyed your trip and are back home safe and sound in Ireland! One of my top destination spots to visit! Cheers!

Reply to: Two days & nights in Ukiah
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ukiah