We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe in Watsonville at night?

California
Level Contributor
168 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Safe in Watsonville at night?

Traveling from Santa Cruz to Monterey. Needing a place in Santa Cruz but seems so expensive. Found Motel 6 in Watsonville for $95 a night - just need one night - expect to arrive late at night to Watsonville - probably about 10pm with a family with 2 kids. Is is safe in this area?

19 replies to this topic
Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,240 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Safe in Watsonville at night?

OH, especially since you are traveling to the motel at night you should get directions. I am assuming you will take the Hwy 152 exit from the freeway and then turn right at a major intersection, but I don't know which one.

The motel is not directly off a freeway exit. Be sure you know where to go.

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
15,710 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Safe in Watsonville at night?

Just chiming in that Watsonville for the night will be totally fine. And the Motel 6 is good - family and friends have stayed there when visiting. No, it isn't a tourist destination, and there aren't a lot of good restaurants or really any attractions - it is just a regular town without a lot going on, but it is absolutely fine to stay there for the night. I don't know where the "ewwww" comment came from. This is a much better choice than a night in a cheap motel in Santa Cruz, which truely could be be an "ewwww" experience.

California
Level Contributor
168 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Safe in Watsonville at night?

Thanks Puter and november moon. Even the cheap motels were over $100 in Santa Cruz. Will definitely find out where to go since driving at night. Thank You!!!

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,240 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Safe in Watsonville at night?

I decided to call Motel 6 to get the directions so that I can give them out when people need them. So here they are.

Go south towards Watsonville on Highway 1. Take the Hwy 152/Gilroy exit. Turn right on Green Valley Road. As I remember this is the first major intersection, with traffic lights. You will see the motel sign about two blocks down. The address is 125 Silver Leaf Drive and the telphone number 831-728-4144

Edited: 19 May 2012, 23:22
15. Re: Safe in Watsonville at night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 January 2017, 02:35

16. Re: Safe in Watsonville at night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 January 2017, 02:35

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,240 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Safe in Watsonville at night?

Petrra,

This thread is almost 5 years old. I would say to begin your own thread, except that Trip Advisor dos not support questions concerning re-location, only travel. You need a city information website.

Edited: 18 January 2017, 02:12
1 post
Save Reply
18. Re: Safe in Watsonville at night?

Thank you fir the info!

2 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Safe in Watsonville at night?

Definitely the most boring town I have ever lived in, nothing to do but shop and buy possessions.

Reply to: Safe in Watsonville at night?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Watsonville
Recent Conversations