We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thinking of staying at the hyatt

Gold Coast Australia
5 posts
Save Topic
thinking of staying at the hyatt

We are going to LA next year from Australia so good place to stay is really important we dont want to travel so far and end up in a crappy hotel in a bad location any help would be really appreciated thankyou

los angeles,ca
Level Contributor
63 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: thinking of staying at the hyatt

Los Angeles is a huge city, and there is a lot to do. It all depends on what you like. West Hollywood is nice, but it is home to many gays, and if you have a problem with that, then I wouldn't advise staying there. The beach area is nice, but like I said it all depends on what you want to do.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: thinking of staying at the hyatt

I agree with the previous email, West Hollywood is very gay but has some of the best hotels. Especially boutique hotels such as Le Montrose on Hammond. Beautiful rooms with fireplaces a rooftop pool and spa. Great resturant with free wine. My husband and I go often and he never really gets hit on. The hotel is not a gay hotel. Mostly a hide out for stars. I have seen many there. The area is perfect for seeing the sights close to SunSet and Mel Rose and Beverly Hills is two blocks away. Not close to the beach though. But the hotel can arrange transportation or there are busses on Santa Monica which is only a 3 minute walk. All in all the best hotel and neighbor hood to stay in La. Very safe.