We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Want a" London West Holllywood Hotel" type for less $$$

Sarasota, FL
Level Contributor
28 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Want a" London West Holllywood Hotel" type for less $$$

Looking for something above the crowd, nice, with free breakfast if possible, free parking (?), view, comforts & class but more reasonable price for two nights than $800--any suggestions? Any possibility? It's our anniversary.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,636 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Want a" London West Holllywood Hotel" type for less $$$

You are unlikely to find free parking at the better hotels in LA, it is just the way it is. Free breakfast is possible, but not likely in the London West type hotels. It is more the Best Western and Comfort Inn types that include breakfast.

Are you looking for West Hollywood only? And what are the most important, have to have features you want?

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Want a" London West Holllywood Hotel" type for less $$$

You can try some of the other nearby hotels - honestly not sure which will be cheaper but I think some would be closer to $300/night than $400 - Andaz, Mondrian, Sunset Tower to start with. Another thought would be the Sofitel which is in the Beverly Grove neighborhood, between Beverly Hills and West Hollywood.

As mentioned, free parking is almost certainly not going to be a possibility at any hotel of that nature, nor is any hotel like that going to include free breakfast.

Sarasota, FL
Level Contributor
28 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Want a" London West Holllywood Hotel" type for less $$$

Thanks for instant responses--am considering the Renaissance which says has $10 parking next door, tho no free food of course. AAA rate was $249 plus--will check out the Sofitel though.

Level Contributor
2,863 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Want a" London West Holllywood Hotel" type for less $$$

The London in a previous life was the Bel Age which was part of a group

of hotels that included Le Parc, Le Reve which is now le petite Hermitage,

le Duffey which is now the Chamberlain, and their top of the line Le Hermitage.

They were all similar type low rise apartment buildings converted into

these suite type hotels which also included Le Montrose. My personal

choice for several years was le Parc which has just recently had some

redo work. Pay for the parking at this hotel and go to Ralph's and stock up on

some breakfast foods. The rooftop pool at all of these hotels including

the London are quite similar and wonderful. Check the reviews and traveler's

photos. One year we stayed at the Hyatt on Sunset which was great and now is even better as the Andaz. I believe the original owners the "Le" Hotels were the Ashkenazi family.

Edited: 29 February 2012, 02:39
West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,716 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Want a" London West Holllywood Hotel" type for less $$$

Have you looked at Hotwire.com? You can often get discounted rooms at area 4-stars through this service. We can help you decipher which (unnamed) hotel on hotwire.com is which if you provide your travel dates.

BTW, I wouldn't fret over parking or breakfast. These are inexpensive things that you can arrange for nearby.

Sarasota, FL
Level Contributor
28 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Want a" London West Holllywood Hotel" type for less $$$

Thanks---will look into Ralph's--whereabouts is it? (Address?) West Hollywood?

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,716 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Want a" London West Holllywood Hotel" type for less $$$

FYI, while Le Parc is a very nice hotel with similar amenities to the London, it's not really like the London as it's not on or near the Sunset Strip. Instead, it's in a quiet residential neighborhood about a mile away. If you planned to walk to dinner/drinks on the Strip, you'd have to rely on taxis from Le Parc.

Sarasota, FL
Level Contributor
28 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Want a" London West Holllywood Hotel" type for less $$$

Who's been to the Renaissance (Hollywood). Any thoughts? Made a reservation as it seemed like the best deal.

Berkeley, Ca.
Level Contributor
4,693 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Want a" London West Holllywood Hotel" type for less $$$

I can't compare to the London since I've never stayed there. The Renaissance was very comfortable, and I liked its sort of day glo color scheme. As a highrise in an area that doesn't have that many you get a good view. It's physically connected to the Hollywood/Highland center, which has lots of eateries, though mostly not of the fine dining variety. I don't tend to use hotel services that much so I can't comment on those. The Renaissance is classed as a 4 star, though I suspect the London is "fancier."

Sarasota, FL
Level Contributor
28 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Want a" London West Holllywood Hotel" type for less $$$

and more expensive--more popular, full up for my dates--so there you go.

Thanks for your thoughts though.