We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

traffic bad at noon on a weekday leaving LA ?

Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
158 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
traffic bad at noon on a weekday leaving LA ?

I will be visiting the Disneyland for 2 days, and thinking to spend half a day in Hollywood and to basically just visit Walk of Fame and the Chinese Theater, it will be a Monday when we do this. plan to get there by 8 am , do you think it would be too crowded ?

and more importantly, will I be stuck at traffic on the way out of LA say around noon ?

thanks in advance..!

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: traffic bad at noon on a weekday leaving LA ?

If you leave at noon you should be fine. Crowds will be there in Hollywood, mostly tourists, at that time but shouldn't be too bad.

Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
158 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: traffic bad at noon on a weekday leaving LA ?

thanks , I suppose noon is not 'rush hour ' on highway ,just hate traffic especially when on vacation ..:)

Sacramento...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: traffic bad at noon on a weekday leaving LA ?

"on the way out" in which direction? Stay off the I-405, its hopeless. Going north, consider taking Ca-170 to i-5.

Going south, take La Cieniga Blvd towards LAX. East- either La C to I-10, or Wilshire Blvd to downtown, the get on the free ways after the downtown jam-ups.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,625 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: traffic bad at noon on a weekday leaving LA ?

Your problem isn't leaving the Hollywood area to go back to Anaheim mid-day, it's the idea that you want to get to Hollywood for 8AM. That would put you in traffic at the worst part of the day, driving Anaheim to Hollywood (by the way, you posted in the West Hollywood forum, a different area entirely).

Leave Anaheim about 9:30, visit Hollywood and anywhere else you want to see (what you list takes about 20 minutes), and head back about 2PM, but no later.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: traffic bad at noon on a weekday leaving LA ?

Getting to Hollywood by 8AM is do-able, but it means leaving closer to 6AM, not 7AM

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
4,985 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: traffic bad at noon on a weekday leaving LA ?

I'm really confused by DaveC's directions. The 170 North to the 5 South? That's way out of the way and going far north just to go south through the city again. So is going south to the 10. From Hollywood, just take the 101 south to the 5 south. So long as you leave when there's no traffic, that's the easiest and most direct way.

Edited: 17 August 2013, 01:11
7. Re: traffic bad at noon on a weekday leaving LA ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2014, 05:17