We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this route any good for 1 day sightseeing?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
383 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Is this route any good for 1 day sightseeing?

Hello America!

We've worked out one of our itinerary days for Hollywood. I'd be grateful if anyone can confirm if it's ok and do-able?!

Driving from Anaheim on Saturday 19 October

1). Drive to the Hollywood/Highland shopping centre to park. Any idea where the entrance to the mall car park is?

a) Whilst in the mall go to the Babylon Courtyard to the viewing bridge to get photo of THE sign.

b) Walk to the Chinese Theatre to see handprints and part of the walk of fame.

Back in Car - drive along sunset strip

2) Rodeo Drive - park - where?!

a) Have a mooch around the shops.

b) Villa Blanca for late lunch (fan of Real Housewives of Beverley Hills)!

------------

After lunch want to have a brief drive into the Hollywood hills to see the stars 'gates' not bothered about who lives where - just want so get a feel of the place and how the 'other half' live!

Any recommendations of street names we can put into the sat nav which would give us a drive from Villa Blanca to see part of the jet set area - before heading back to Anaheim.

Any other suggestions/recommendations would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time and expertise :)

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,943 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this route any good for 1 day sightseeing?

1. I find the entrance off of Highland the most convenient.

2. There is street parking with meters or there is a public parking area on the north end of Rodeo, by Santa Monica Blvd

I would not recommend driving around the hills just looking around and driving very slowly. You are bound to get a resident right behind you getting very irate because you are holding them up. Better choice, take one of the Starline tours that take you around or just stay in the "flats" of BH.

Dr. Z

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,332 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is this route any good for 1 day sightseeing?

There is free parking throughout Beverly HIlls, some lots are free for one hour, some for 2 hours. Close to Villa Blanca, there's a lot for 2 hours on Camden and one on Bedford. Don't park on nearby streets, and if you're at a meter, you'll have to keep going back to fill it. Click here: beverlyhills.org/citygovernment/…

For driving the hills, I think you'll get your fill driving along Sunset Blvd from Hollywood, consider extending the drive to the beach. By the way, what you propose to do in Hollywood will take less than an hour. I highly recommend visiting Santa Monica before heading back to Anaheim.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
383 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is this route any good for 1 day sightseeing?

Thank you Dr Z and Yogachick for your prompt responses.

We'll leave The Hills and stick to Sunset Boulevard.

The parking info and link are Brilliant - we've printed relevant parking maps off the site to take with us - so thanks for that.

I'm now thinking - given it'll be reasonably quick at the 'stars/handprints' etc - after Villa Blanca we'll drive straight to the Griffith Observatory - which looks like it will fit in nicely, before leaving for Anaheim.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,943 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is this route any good for 1 day sightseeing?

Good choice for the Observatory. If you're visiting with kids they'll love it.

Dr. Z

West Hollywood
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Is this route any good for 1 day sightseeing?

If you're a fan of the Real Housewives (Lisa Vanderpump), I would also suggest going to SUR Restaurant in West Hollywood. Lisa and Ken's new lounge is just up the street and Lisa, Ken and Jiggy have been spotted near the construction site several times a week!

SUR Info and Map - http://www.visitwesthollywood.com/dining/sur/

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
383 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is this route any good for 1 day sightseeing?

Ooooow thank you! Will put it on the agenda :)

7. Re: Is this route any good for 1 day sightseeing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2014, 06:27