We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best pool in LA

Melbourne
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Topic
Best pool in LA

Hello looking at staying in LA and would like a luxury hotel with a really nice pool area around West Hollywood...... in the quieter part!

Thank you

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,750 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best pool in LA

What constitutes the best pool? Sunny? Shade? More chaise lounges? Olympic sized? Rooftop? Bar Scene? Why West Hollywood itself?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best pool in LA

and, what's your budget in dollars per night and what type of room? simple queen bed...suite? what month? indoor or outdoor pool?

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,696 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best pool in LA

The best pool is at the Beverly Hills Hotel.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best pool in LA

thanks although I would like to be closer to west hollywood…..

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best pool in LA

Hotels in West Hollywood that have outdoor pools = Andaz (rooftop), The London (rooftop), Chateau Marmont, Mondrian, Sunset Marquis, The Standard West Hollywood, Best Western Sunset Plaza. Since you haven't told us what characteristics the "best" pool would have, you may want to research these hotels further on your own.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,696 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best pool in LA

The Beverly Hills Hotel is about a mile from West Hollywood on Sunset Blvd as the two cities abut as as MachThree says, you haven't really defined your idea of "best".

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,750 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best pool in LA

I'm still not certain what the best pool would be, nor what the "quieter" part of West Hollywood is, there aren't any famous pools in West Hollywood that I know of, no best pool. Maybe the Mondrian, for the views. Maybe the Sunset Marquis, for the stories. Maybe the Chateau Marmont, for the history. The Standard's pool has been in a lot of tv shows. Of these, only the Sunset Marquis would be considered a quieter area, but it's a shaded pool. Most of the pools in the area are tiny.

As Scott said, the best pool is probably the Beverly Hills Hotel. I would add the Beverly HIlton and Hollywood Roosevelt.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best pool in LA

Thanks for all the advice,

I am looking at either The London or The Chamberlain as they seem to match luxury with a cool roof top pool, and the location I prefer.

9. Re: Best pool in LA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 31 March 2014, 22:38
10. Re: Best pool in LA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2015, 06:16