We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villagio Inn, Hotel Luca or Cottages of Napa Valley

North Carolina
6 posts
Save Topic
Villagio Inn, Hotel Luca or Cottages of Napa Valley

My husband and I will be staying in Yountville in mid March to celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary. I have been doing a lot of reading and research on the boards and came up the above options as my top three places to stay but having a hard time choosing which one!!! Was hoping someone on here could provide some input. Hotel Luca is relatively new so not much info out there yet. Thanks in advance for your help!!

Napa
Level Contributor
2,485 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villagio Inn, Hotel Luca or Cottages of Napa Valley

Since Hotel Luca just opened - I don't know much about that, missed their open house! Anyway, both Luca and the Villagio are in town. Viallgio in the heart of the "downtown" area. The cottages are down the road in a country setting. Individual little houses with a kitchen - very nicely decorated A little more private. You would probably want to drive to town as it is a little over a mile away.-or ride a bike.

Level Contributor
35,434 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villagio Inn, Hotel Luca or Cottages of Napa Valley

We have stayed at The Villagio, it's really nice. The rooms are well appointed, there is a champagne breakfast buffet in the morning, candlelit lobby at night with a piano player and a fantastic concierge. You can walk to restaurants from this property. Enjoy your time in Yountville and let me know if you have any specific questions about the Villagio, they have a great spa there also. :)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Villagio Inn, Hotel Luca or Cottages of Napa Valley

I think it depends on what you're looking for. I've not stayed there, but just by appearance, Villagio impresses me as a traditional resort kind of place, appealing to middle-aged and older. Nice to be sure, but a bit too cookie-cutterish for my tastes. Having only seen the website, Hotel Luca has more appeal for me.

Cottages of Napa Valley was my choice for a weekend anniversary trip last September. You won't find the luxury and pampering of Villagio and (I expect) Luca there, but on the other hand, I'd bet that neither of those will have the personal touches you'll experience at Cottages. I'd be happy to answer any specific questions you might have. I'm pretty sure I also posted a review, if you're interested.

4. Re: Villagio Inn, Hotel Luca or Cottages of Napa Valley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2010, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Yountville
Recent Conversations