We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St James Place,Poste Mountain or Park Plaza?

Which Beaver Creek hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
msr
New York
1 post
Save Topic
St James Place,Poste Mountain or Park Plaza?

Hello,

I am going to Beaver Creek for the first time next March.Does anyone know which hotel would be the most convienent for walking around the village and to ski.(St James Place, Poste Mountain,or Park Place) I really don't want to take shuttles or taxis.Also, if anyone has any positive or negative info about the resorts.

Thanks, Margaret

Brentwood
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St James Place,Poste Mountain or Park Plaza?

Park Plaza will be your most convienent. It is right next to the ice rink, above the general store and an escalator ride to the main lift and ski school. We have stayed in the 2 b/r units. They are a good size with typical rental condo furnishings.

Park Plaza will also be the most expensive.

St James Place is past the ice rink, a little further from the lifts. It also has your typical rental unit setup. Nice place but it is a longer walk, something to keep in mind if you have kids to get to ski school.

You might also look at Market Square. It is next to the Park Plaza and the ice rink. Stayed there 4 years ago. Nice units, not as big as Park Plaza, doors open onto an outside hall/atrium that looks onto shops below. Coded elavator access to units.

We have stayed at Market Square, Kiva, and Park Plaza. Park Plaza is the most convienent.

Jackson Hole...
Level Contributor
49 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St James Place,Poste Mountain or Park Plaza?

Margaret,

You might want to look at the Park Hyatt in Beaver Creek. St. James is located at the far end of the village, about a 1 minute walk to shops, restaurant's etc, down a flight of stairs. Poste Montane is located across the ice skating rink from the hyatt, next to shops etc, there is the Swiss Stubili restaurant located in the hotel but I'm not a fan. Park Place is located across from the village. Beaver Creek is an amazing resort, you wont be disappointed.. Is there a reason you don't want to take shuttles? They have great transportation, very very up scale.

Denver, CO
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: St James Place,Poste Mountain or Park Plaza?

It is called the Poste Montane Lodge, and it is the best by far. The ski rental place is in the same building, also there is a new restaurant in the same building also. It was the Swiss Subli, but now another place has taken over that spot. Right outside the door is the ice rink. It is the closest to the lifts of the hotels in the village. I highly recommend it over any others. The staff is the best and the breakfst in the morning is awesome, lots of food.