We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would you stay at Ritz Carlton or Park Hyatt with 2 kids?

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
20 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Would you stay at Ritz Carlton or Park Hyatt with 2 kids?

I have to make a decision soon!

I'm traveling to Beaver Creek this winter to try it out. I usually travel to Keystone but I thought I'd give Beaver Creek a try. I need an airport a bit more closer and I really need ski-in/ski-out so I thought Beaver Creek looked nice.

Both hotels are pretty high over Christmas with Park Hyatt being about $200 more a night.

I have 2 children and I travel alone with them (husband does not ski and loves that we do!) I was wondering which one would be a good choice for them. I need to get them to ski school and babysitting and I want activities for them.

Are Park Hyatt's rooms elegant for this high price? I know I can count on the Ritz's rooms being tastefully done as this is a very new hotel and I'm used to staying in them.

Thank you so much for your feedback.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
379 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Would you stay at Ritz Carlton or Park Hyatt with 2 kids?

I did the Ritz with 2 kids and it worked just fine.I've never been to the Hyatt. Both have the ski school close by...Ritz has a ski nanny that can take the kids back and forth and then go for a movie in their kids club.

The Hyatt it's in the Village- hence lots more to do ( for the non skier) and more convenient when it comes to dinner ( I was not thrilled with the dinning options at the Ritz and Spago it's ONE great restaurant)It's a hard choice - the Ritz it's the Ritz but location it's much better for the Hyatt (unless you want total privacy)

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
892 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Would you stay at Ritz Carlton or Park Hyatt with 2 kids?

Both are great. As noted by the previous poster, the Park Hyatt is located right in the middle of Beaver Creek Village so it is more convenient to the ice rink and a variety of restaurants which are kid friendly. From the Ritz you'll have to shuttle to these amenities.

There are also good condominium options which might work for you (including options at the Hyatt) to have a kitchen for the kids.

Vail,CO
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Would you stay at Ritz Carlton or Park Hyatt with 2 kids?

Park Hyatt> Hands down! So much easier to get to activities & restaurants & ski school is at your back door.

Ritz is lovely, but Bachelor Gulch has no "Village" per se and you'd be shuttling back & forth to get to thisng for your kids to enjoy.

4. Re: Would you stay at Ritz Carlton or Park Hyatt with 2 kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 09:21