We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaver Creek in December 2008

Philadelphia, PA
5 posts
Save Topic
Beaver Creek in December 2008

I am thinking of taking my family to Beaver Creek in December of 08. We have never been there before, do you have any recommendations on where to stay? I have looked online at some of the condo's and hotels but it is hard to know which one is best. My husband and I will be traveling with our 2 year old so I really want to have the whole vacation well planned. Also can you recommend any activities that would be good for a 2 year old, know he is a little young so we are limited. Any suggestions you can give would be great. Also I was thinking of going around December 11th before peak holiday time, is that too early or should everything be open by then?

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
892 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaver Creek in December 2008

Around December 11 is a great time. There are quite a few options of places to stay and it really depends on what you are looking for. Luxury hotel? Try the Ritz-Carlton or Park Hyatt. Nice resort-condominiums? They the Charter at Beaver Creek. Suites? Try Beaver Creek Lodge.

For the two year old, the Avon Rec Center is located at the bottom of the resort and is a popular place. Beaver Creek is very family friendly so you should be able to find activities.

Vail,CO
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaver Creek in December 2008

If your two year old is potty trained they'll take him in ski school & he will have SO much fun!

For lodging, you might want to also check out St. James Place. get a condo. It is so much asier with a little one because you can have a kitchen for breakfasts> very few places for an inexpensive breakfast in town! They have a nice indoor pool, an on-site restaurant and good rates. Blue Moose pizza right next door, also steps to the ice rink.

The Park Hyatt is the most convenient to the slopes & ski school but more pricey.

Perfect time to come! Crowds are not too crazy yet & the snow is usually excellent.

Philadelphia, PA
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaver Creek in December 2008

Thank you for all the recommendations. I agree that a Condo will be better then a hotel room, since I will have my son with us. I checked out the St. james Club, looks very nice. What do you think about the Charter or the Oxford Condo's? I am glad there will be plenty of activities for my son, I was worried with him being so young that there wouldn't be much for him to do. If he is potty trained they will let him into ski school? He will be 2 by the time we go. Do you know if that is too young for snow tubing with an adult? Thanks for all the helpful information, we are really excited about our first trip to Beaver Creek!

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaver Creek in December 2008

I organised a trip for my family and freinds including 4 chilren of ages 2,5,4 & 4 during the same time in dec 2007. We stayed at the Oxford court and found this convenient for both the Day Care and ski school for the older kids.

The resort will be fully open at that time but not as crowded and very good for you and the group. We had a great time and you are right to prepare especially with young children.

Beaver Creek is a great choice and I would have no hesitation in going again. My criteria are always easy walk to slopes, ski school and childcare and the small village has a great feel in the evening after a hard days skiing.

You wont go wrong!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
379 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beaver Creek in December 2008

2 year old...potty trained..... ski school....ehhh maybe your asking for too much...you're sarting to sound like my relatives from out of country.

Whatever you do don't stay at the Ritz..ever...I'll elaborate on that after I pull myself together.

6. Re: Beaver Creek in December 2008

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Beaver Creek