We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any advice on true ski in/ski out lodging for 10?

Washington, D.C.
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Any advice on true ski in/ski out lodging for 10?

We are looking for a large condo/townhouse for 10 (6 of them kids) in January. We can't figure out what is truly ski in/ski out, especially for the kids. So many describe themselves as ski in/ski out, and say not to trust others. Any advice on what condos/areas are appropriate, and what are farther away? Can beginners ski in/ski out of Arrowhead/Bachelor Gulch?

Vail,CO
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any advice on true ski in/ski out lodging for 10?

It sounds like you want to FALL into your lodging? Just about every building in Beaver Creek is as close to ski-in/out as possible as Beaver Creek Village is kind of in a horseshoe shape surrounded by the slopes. If you click on this nlink to the Village map, you will be able to see which of the lodges will allow you the best options.

…snow.com/BCAssets/…20Map.pdf

It appears you will need a large place. Not all the lodges offer larger units. I would suggest Mc Coy Peak Lodge, Greystone, Strawberry Park, Elkhorn Lodge. They all offer 4 bedroom units (when available) and have good mountain access. You might want to consider 2 2 bedroom units in the same complex because your options will be much more plentiful.

Check VRBO, this website, or our local rental companies which can be found on the snow.com link I have attached. If you find something post to me again & I can tell you if it is truly ski-in/out!

2. Re: Any advice on true ski in/ski out lodging for 10?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 11:20