We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Fun Ideas Requested

Which Beaver Creek hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Huahine, French...
Level Contributor
755 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Family Fun Ideas Requested

Just flew into Denver today and will be heading to Beaver Creek / Avon tomorrow for a few days.

Anyone care to share any fun activities for little ones (4 and 1.5 yr olds) in the Beaver Creek and Vail areas? VailRealtor?

I've already enrolled my 4yr old boy in the ski school at BC and we plan to go ice skating in the BC Village. Looking for add'l ideas (eg sleigh-ride, tubing, etc.) and where/whom to book with?

Thanks!

phoenix
Level Contributor
147 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Fun Ideas Requested

Ice skating at the skating rink in B.C. village. I took my little guy on a gondola ride and he loved it. You can also just get a sled and basically find a hill -- all good fun!

Huahine, French...
Level Contributor
755 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Fun Ideas Requested

Thx racine!

I read your Thanksgiving trip report as well and that was very helpful. We too will be staying at the Park Hyatt in a few days, right after we try out the new Westin Riverfront (had to being a SPG Platinum member)...so far so good.

Took your advice and rented from Venture Sports as well.

Happy travels!

Vail,CO
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Fun Ideas Requested

Here's a few for you:

Avon Rec Center has a great indoor pool with a big kiddie pool for a warm break from the snow. Adventure Ridge for family tubing. 4-Eagle Ranch for western dinner, sleigh-ride. Paddy's in Eagle-Vail has a kids video game room (not quite Chuckie Cheese but kids like it) The Back Bowl in Eagle for a night of bowling> with bumpers of course for the 4 year old! They also have an arcade. Dog sledding.Take then to tonight performance at The Vilar. Local entertainers tonight, Charlie Daniels tomorrow!

Welcome & have fun!

Huahine, French...
Level Contributor
755 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family Fun Ideas Requested

Thanks vailrealtor

Will definitely try out a few.

Skied Vail today for the 1st time - AWESOME! Blue Sky Basin had just opened and it felt like backcountry skiing a bit. You just can't imagine the immensity of this place until you see it in person - especially the huge back bowls.

I've got to take a break from skiing (after Beaver Creek tomorrow :-) to rest my burning thighs and have some fun with the family.

Vail,CO
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family Fun Ideas Requested

It's an epic powder day> hope you get out there & enjoy Beaver Creek!!!

6. Re: Family Fun Ideas Requested

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 15:18