We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaver Creek Restricting Day Trippers

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
212 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Beaver Creek Restricting Day Trippers

Hi there,

My travel agent is telling me that Beaver Creek restricts the number of "day trippers" that it allows in the resort.

So by staying in Avon for example if they are busy and I am not staying on the mountain they wouldn't let me ski.

Is this correct ?

Ouray, Colorado
Level Contributor
629 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaver Creek Restricting Day Trippers

I can't imagine that is true. I have been to BC many times and the only obstacle that I have found is that if you arrive too late, parking gets a little harder or you pay a lot of money!

Are you planning to go during a special event? Where are you planning to stay? I always stay at a house in East Vail and have never encountered any trouble or baracade that prohibits you from going.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,205 posts
415 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaver Creek Restricting Day Trippers

I'm not certain as I haven't been there at peak times, but I thought they did have a limit. But in any case, you're far better off buying your tickets online in advance to save money and hassle.

Vail,CO
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaver Creek Restricting Day Trippers

I have lived here for over 30 years and have never seen them do this. There is a provision, for safety, to have a maximum skier total on the mountain which was put into the original lease agreement that Beaver Creek has with the U.S. Forest Service who owns the mountain, but I have NEVER seen it enforced. The only times it is really more crowded than at other times is during Christmas & Spring break. You did not mention when you are planning on coming. Also please know that your lift pass is good on ANY mountain operated by Vail Resorts: Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge etc.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
212 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaver Creek Restricting Day Trippers

Thanks for all the replies

I suspect it was something my travel agent said so that I would have to book accommodation through her as the place I was asking about (Westin) she doesn't have rates for :)

Thanks

Aspen, CO
Level Contributor
980 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beaver Creek Restricting Day Trippers

Deer Valley in Utah is the only resort I am aware of that has capacity limits on skiers each day, which they traditionally reach during Christmas/New Years and Saturdays. Beaver Creek does not restrict day skiers, and it is starting sound as if you may need a new travel agent.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
212 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beaver Creek Restricting Day Trippers

Jennifer - Yes I was disappointed in this advice from her, in my many years of dealing with her this is the only dud advice she has given me!

I will politely let her know that a few local of the area have said that skier numbers are not restricted at Beaver Creek.

I am about to book the Westin, for the price/facilities you can't go wrong.

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,435 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beaver Creek Restricting Day Trippers

You will love the Westin as it's brand new, lovely and has a gondola that runs right up to Beaver Creek.

8. Re: Beaver Creek Restricting Day Trippers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2010, 05:18