We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to go...

Which Beaver Creek hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
connecticut
8 posts
Save Topic
where to go...

Heading to colorado to look at colleges with our son. With 5 days and not a lot to spend am I better off fitting into a 1 br condo at vail or spreading out at breck? My only concern is the high base of the town (10,000). Had attitude illness and its not fun.

Thanks.

P.S. - Beaver creek (avon) also a possibility.

Vail,CO
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to go...

You do not mention what time of year or waht you want to do in those 5 days or where the colleges ARE! All these items would be helpful to know to assist you!!!

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,220 posts
395 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to go...

Avon is a really economical solution with a lot of options and easy access to Vail and Beaver Creek. For sure, Breck is high. If you're concerned about that, I would take that into consideration. I live at altitude (Park City) but still REALLY notice it at Breck, but never in Avon, which is 2,500 feet lower than Breck.

Have fun.

3. Re: where to go...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2010, 06:16