We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First trip to Beaver Creek in April Where to stay? Where to...

La Verne, CA
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
First trip to Beaver Creek in April Where to stay? Where to...

I am new at all this. I am looking into going to Beaver Creek the week of April 21, 2006. I have never been there before, so any help is appreciated.

The hotels I was looking at were Park Plaza, Sheraton Mountain Vista, and Poste Montane. Which one?

I am looking for a nice room with a jacuzzi tub, a fireplace, and a patio or balcony.

Where to eat?

What to do?

I know basically nothing. I just looked Beaver Creek up and thought it would be a nice getaway after tax season.

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Poste Montane At Beaver Creek
Poste Montane At Beaver...
140 Reviews
Beaver Creek, CO
Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First trip to Beaver Creek in April Where to stay? Where to...

My husband and I went to Beaver Creek in July 2005 for an anniversary long weekend. We stayed at the Park Hyatt, but only had a regular room. It must have been a handicap accessible room because it was definitely oversized. The hotel was fabulous and the Allegria spa was heaven. Definitely plan to eat at Beano's Cabin on the top of the mountain. We had planned to visit areas outside of Beaver Creek, but loved it so much that we never left until we had to drive back to Denver to fly home. There are many great places to eat, great shops, hiking, horseback riding, white water rafting, go to the rodeo. You may still have snow in April, but I don't really know. We made most of our plans through the concierge at the hotel when we got there. Beaver Creek has a website that has a calendar that will let you know about activities when you are there. We are usually beach people so this trip was out of the ordinary for us. We loved it and would recommend it to anyone.

Mentioned in this post
Beano's Cabin
Beano's Cabin
365 Reviews
Beaver Creek, CO
Denver
Denver
Colorado
Springfield...
Level Contributor
5,261 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First trip to Beaver Creek in April Where to stay? Where to...

Madstew,

Like you we have been going to beachside resorts for several years. This year however, we will be staying at Sheraton Mtn Vista the middle of June.

Can you make any suggestions or recommendations for that time of year? We have a 1 bedroom with full kitchen so plan on doing some meals to save $$.

What activities did you do while there? We definitely want to try out the white water rafting.

Colorado
Level Contributor
444 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First trip to Beaver Creek in April Where to stay? Where to...

Just a heads up, you're heading to Beaver Creek at possibly one of the deadest times of the year. Ski season will *probably* wrap up just before you head out, so no skiing will be available (though we are having a banner year for snowfall, so you might catch the last weekend). However there will be alot of snow around and the weather could still be cool, so outdoors stuff may also be difficult.

Not trying to be a jerk here, just letting you know that late April and earl May or pretty iffy times to visit the Colorado resort areas. It's kind of the off season before summer kicks in.

There are some positives though, pretty much any place should be cheap. If you want to splurge the Ritz Carlton at Bachelor Gulch is pretty sweet looking (never stayed there myself, but if the inside is half as nice as the outside you should enjoy it).

You might also want to drive over to Glenwood springs for a day at the Hot Springs. They're pretty nice and relaxing.

Probably find some good hiking trails that are at lower elevations. Also check the Beaver Creek Resort website for calendar to see if they have anything going on at that time

Mentioned in this post
Colorado
Colorado
United States
Missouri
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First trip to Beaver Creek in April Where to stay? Where to...

One thing to consider -- the Sheraton Mountain Vista is not in Beaver Creek Village. The other two you mentioned are. The Sheraton is in Avon, which is the little town at the bottom of the hill where Beaver Creek is. It would be in walking distance of several restaurants, but it is definitely not the same European feel as being in Beaver Creek Village and walking around. We like Tra Monti and Grouse Mountain Grill in Beaver Creek and Ti Amo and Fiesta Jalisco in Avon. There are a lot of restaurants in Edwards, too, just a few miles west.

Mentioned in this post
Avon
Avon
Beaver Creek, CO
Grouse Mountain Grill
Grouse Mountain Grill
498 Reviews
Beaver Creek, CO
Eagle, Colorado
Level Contributor
18 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First trip to Beaver Creek in April Where to stay? Where to...

Can't tell a place to stay ( we have a place in Edward's). Places to eat: Junniper- continental cuisine?? (in Edwards, next town over from Avon...town below Beaver Creek). Call ahead and make a reservation for Junniper. For inexpensive italain food and really great ( and some really different) pizza, Markos, again in Edwards.

Mentioned in this post
Avon
Avon
Beaver Creek, CO
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
217 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First trip to Beaver Creek in April Where to stay? Where to...

We have stayed at the beaver creek lodge twice it is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in.

There are not jacuzzi tubs in the rooms.

The park hyatt is also very nice but more expensive.

Vail, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Vail
Level Contributor
1,488 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First trip to Beaver Creek in April Where to stay? Where to...

Beaver Creek is a nice getaway. Closing day for the ski mountain is April 16th, even with great snow they are unable to operate the lifts later than that date due to a deal with the forest service. Here is the website: http://beavercreek.snow.com/

In the off season some places do close, however you can get great deals on hotels, the Hyatt has a great location and there should be some deep discounts.

If you are renting a car I would go to Glenwood Springs, the hot springs are fun and the Glenwood Caverns are great. Vail is also close by, Aspen is about an hour away, Steamboat Springs has a great natural hot spring named Strawberry Park that is amazing.

Hope you have a great trip.

DM

Mentioned in this post
Vail
Vail
Colorado
Aspen
Aspen
Colorado
Arvada, Colorado
Level Contributor
935 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First trip to Beaver Creek in April Where to stay? Where to...

I am going to have to second Laughinglab regarding that time of year. Just be sure to come prepared. Hiking trails will most likely either be snowy or really muddy. If you are really just wanting to relax, hangout and eatout, you should have a wonderful time.

Boston
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: First trip to Beaver Creek in April Where to stay? Where to...

As others have said, the resort will be closed for most of April. I would suggest A-basin as a choice that will still be open in Summit County. Why not check out Mammoth, which is closer to you in CA? They have crazy amounts of snow and stay open into june at times.

But yeah, the only skiing you will be doing in BC at the end of april will be with the aid of climbing skins and AT skis.

10. Re: First trip to Beaver Creek in April Where to stay? Where to...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 11:23
Get answers to your questions about Beaver Creek