We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin Riverfront Resort or Park Hyatt Resort in June?

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
51 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Westin Riverfront Resort or Park Hyatt Resort in June?

We are celebrating our 3 year anniversary in Colorado. Which hotel is the best choice - Westin Riverfront Resort or the Park Hyatt Resort?

Vail, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Vail
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Westin Riverfront Resort or Park Hyatt Resort in June?

They are both very similar in respect to rooms, spa and amenities. The biggest difference is the Westin is in the town of Avon, down the hill and outside the gated community of Beaver Creek and the Hyatt is in the Village of Beaver Creek at the base of the ski mountain.

Vail,CO
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Westin Riverfront Resort or Park Hyatt Resort in June?

Also, to tag onto previous poster... Westin, if you can get a south facing room, overlooks the river which is pretty in June. The back side looks at the town of Avon so IF you can be guaranteed a south facing unit, the Westin is great.

The Hyatt will give you more of a RESORT experience.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
19,374 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Westin Riverfront Resort or Park Hyatt Resort in June?

I've stayed at both a number of times. Both are truly outstanding. I would opt for the Hyatt for a better village experience. And my opinion is that the rooms at the Hyatt are better.

Orange County...
Level Contributor
52 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Westin Riverfront Resort or Park Hyatt Resort in June?

The Westin Riverfront is newer and nicer but the Park Hyatt is right in the center of the Beaver Creek Resort area. In my opinion I would choose the Westin Riverfront. Good Luck!

5. Re: Westin Riverfront Resort or Park Hyatt Resort in June?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 03:16