We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning a Group Ski Trip - Colorado, Utah & Details

Tampa, Florida
3 posts
Save Topic
Planning a Group Ski Trip - Colorado, Utah & Details

I'm trying to put together a group ski trip for me and about 10 of my friends. We can't decide between choosing something in Utah (Park City) or Colorado (Breckenridge, Beaver Creek, Vail, etc). Obviously cost is a factor, but we are thinking of a large cabin that is possibly ski in/ski out. Would we need to rent a car or would a shuttle to and from the airport be all that we need? When is the best time to go? We like to go out to bars so somewhere with a little nightlife would be good. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Vail,CO
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning a Group Ski Trip - Colorado, Utah & Details

First let me say that you are asking for the impossible! If you think you can rent a "cabin" that would sleep 10 cheap that is near bars & is ski-in/ski out, guess again! :-(

Breckenridge & Vail have more of the nightlife you seek, Vail does have free transportation throughout the town so you probably could rent a house on the bus-line in East Vail or West Vail (not ski-in/.out) You might try VRBO? If at all possible DO NOT rent a car! (if coming to Vail) The cost to park is excessive. The buses are GREAT.

You did not mention the time of year you are planning on coming.Rates can triple depending on time of year! (in any area!)

Sorry to be a negative nellie! Just trying to help you grasp reality!

Breckenridge...
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning a Group Ski Trip - Colorado, Utah & Details

I really have to disagree with vailrealtor in this case. Beaver Creek won't really have the nightlife options that you would be looking for. Vail does but if you want to stay in one of the main villages near a lift you had better be prepared to pay an arm and a leg. I think that what you want to do would be very plausible in Breckenridge though. While ski in/out private homes or cabins do tend to be pricey it is possible to find a good deal if you avoid peak times (Christmas-New Year's, President's Day, Spring Break). If budget is really an issue the first thing I might recommend is River Mountain Lodge. It is about a block and a half to the gondola, you can ski back down to right across the street at the end of the day, and it is only a block off of Main Street for nightlife. It is a condo property but there are some large condos in there that could accomodate 12 or so. There are plenty of other condo and townhome complexes in the Four O'Clock area that are a great value considering the location. I would definitely give Breckenridge a serious look. While I am not as familiar with Park City it is my understanding that you can choose either downtown or ski in/out but not really both. I may be wrong though.

3. Re: Planning a Group Ski Trip - Colorado, Utah & Details

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 17:16