We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vail or Beaver Creek in March

Charleston, South...
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Vail or Beaver Creek in March

My husband and I are planning a week of skiing in early March. We're both intermediate skiers who like groomed trails. We also like to treat ourselves to great dinners at the end of the day. Is Vail or Beaver Creek better suited for us? Also, of the two ski in/out hotels at Beaver Creek, the Osprey or the Pines Lodge, which would be better? Thanks.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,603 posts
425 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vail or Beaver Creek in March

Both are good. Beaver Creek will give you more of an isolated (not in a bad way) village atmosphere. Osprey is a fantastic spot. Pines is also very good. Both owned by the resort. Osprey definitely has a better location, literally across the street from the lift. It was 100% renovated a year or two ago. It's also totally easy walking distance to the Beaver Creek village across the street.

Pines is very nice but a bit older. It's location is not quite as good. While you can walk to the village, it's easier to shuttle. You can ski to it but you can't ski to a lift, so you have to shuttle to ski or walk a bit.

Vail is much bigger. I personally prefer the skiing there, but either is world class and you can't go wrong. You probably know this, but it's the same lift ticket. Both locations have world class dining, but Vail will have more. Definitely look at the on-mountain dining options at both resorts. Beaver Creek probably has the leg up in this category.

Have fun, you can't go wrong either way. I would say if you can get into the Osprey that you would have a wonderful stay and just go with it.

Charleston, South...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Vail or Beaver Creek in March

Thanks, Tumbleweed. We're now leaning towards the Osprey. One more question -- I understand there is a shuttle bus between Vail and Beaver Creek resorts. Is it complimentary? How often and how late do they run?

3. Re: Vail or Beaver Creek in March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 23:17
Get answers to your questions about Beaver Creek