We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flight to vail/bc

Which Beaver Creek hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
usa
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
flight to vail/bc

hi

i am travelling with 2 - 4 yr olds

we r planning to stay at park hyatt due to ease of access and location

i am flying from florida

cannot decide

1) fly direct to denver 4 hrs then drive to bc

2) fly via atl to vail/eagle 6 hrs with the layover and then take taxi to bc.

which one you think will be easier on kids?

also what is cost of taxi b/w eagle/vail apt and bc village

Palm Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
39 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flight to vail/bc

Hi there. We fly from Florida as well. We always fly directly into Eagle - either on a direct flight from Miami or on a connecting flight from Palm Beach. You never know what the roads will be like on the ride from Denver to BC. At least during a layover, there is enough to do in an airport - as opposed the kids feeling a bit trapped during a longer car ride. Once you get to Eagle, the ride to BC is quite speedy - only about 15 minutes.

Vail, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Vail
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flight to vail/bc

My vote is always for Eagle Airport, it's small and much faster to check in and out of. Driving up from Denver you need to go over two mountain passes with the possibility of bad weather and deal with skier traffic, both of which can add hours to your trip.

From Eagle it's about a a 35 minute drive to the Hyatt. You can take CME:

coloradomountainexpress.com/…

or High Mountain Taxi

http://www.hmtaxi.com/

Both are reliable services with experienced drivers, rates are listed on their sites. If you are looking for another type of service the concierge at the Hyatt should be able to help.

Vail,CO
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flight to vail/bc

Fly into Eagle. Previous posters are right-on with the mess you may face driving up from Denver.

Vail,CO
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flight to vail/bc

Also, you did not mention just when you are coming, but I always like to recommend making advance reservations for ski school for the kids. At certain times of the year, they book up. It will also save you a day by having everything ready to roll once you get here. Just a suggestion!

5. Re: flight to vail/bc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2012, 06:15