We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lost in Boulder

Louisiana
Level Contributor
61 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Lost in Boulder

Yesterday I searched for 2 places in Boulder I had read about on the internet and thought would be fun for the kids. The first was a place where kids could see fish in a creek behind a glass wall. The directions and the GPS led us to a hotel. We didn't go in because I wasn't expecting a hotel. I think it was the Millenium Hotel? Is this where this is?

Then we searched for what was described as Boulder Falls. The directions said to start from 9th & Canyon and follow Canyon west for about 7 miles to a well marked path with plenty of parking. I found myself on a road to Nederland - pretty road but I never did find a well marked area with falls. We will be back in the area on Wednesday. Any suggestions for where I went wrong deeply appreciated.

Arvada, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Boulder
Level Contributor
935 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lost in Boulder

I don't know anything about the fish - sorry I can't help you there.

Boulder Falls is up Boulder Canyon. You were on the right track. It's possible you passed it if you were more concerned with traffic.

Going up towards Ned it will be on your right but parking is on the left.

It will be in a spot where lots of people are trying to cross the road.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,083 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lost in Boulder

The fish place is on the Boulder Creek bike path. And yes, it is behind the Millenium Hotel at 1325 28th Street (Harvest House Hotel to us old timers). Walk behind the hotel to the creek, and there will be the fish observatory! Ask at the hotel for exact location if you need to.

Boulder Falls is up Boulder Canyon toward Nederland about 9 miles. As mentioned before, you park on the left and cross to the trail to the falls. There is a painted sidewalk on the highway, you may have not gone far enough.

Have fun.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
61 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lost in Boulder

Thanks very much. We will try again on Wed or Thurs.

Are there signs marking Boulder Falls? I think you are right and we did not go far enough. I read the falls were on the right - but when the water was on my left I figured I must be wrong.

Thanks again for the info and for sharing your beautiful state with us for a month. It will be very difficult to return home to the flatland.

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
10,448 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lost in Boulder

There is a sign, but if you blink you'll miss it. You won't miss the parking area for the falls. As the other posters said, people will be crossing the road and you will have to slow down because of cars pulling in and out.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,083 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lost in Boulder

While trying to find Boulder Falls, if you get to the dam and reservoir and Nederland... you went to far... but you have visited a really cool place! Head north from there to Brainard Lake and have a nice picnic and some hikes.!!!!

6. Re: Lost in Boulder

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 00:18