We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving to Boulder

Brisbane
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Moving to Boulder

Hi.

My partner is moving to Boulder for work early April. He will need to rent a car for the first month to give him time to find one to purchase. Does anyone have any recommendations for (hopefully) inexpensive car rental in Boulder. He doesn't sleep on planes, so will have been awake for 24+ hours when he arrives in Denver, so we thought he should get the shuttle to Boulder, rather than renting from the airport and risk driving on the opposite side of the road, fatigued and not knowing where he is going! So any information for good car rentals in Boulder would be appreciated. We've checked online but its only the major companies that show - but this could be the range available. Many thanks for any information.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,723 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moving to Boulder

Have you tried hotwire.com or priceline.com?

Brisbane
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moving to Boulder

Thank you for those sites - I'd not heard of them. Will scout around and see what's available. Cheers.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,723 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moving to Boulder

You are welcome. You might also try http://www.enterprise.com the Boulder CO locations

I hope he enjoys Boulder!

Edited: 25 March 2010, 22:13
Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Moving to Boulder

He will love Boulder!

I would rent from Enterprise locally. Tell them the insurance company sent you and they will give you a great rate ($20-30 a day). He can take the public bus, or the Super Shuttle from the Denver airport to Boulder.

Good luck to you both.

Bill

Brisbane
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Moving to Boulder

Thank you for your suggestions! We called Enterprise and were quoted about $1200 for a month (compact car) which is about average rental costs in comparison to here in Australia. I wasn't sure what to say re being sent by an insurance company, so didn't mention it. I didn't want to get stuck answering any questions about it! Cheers again.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Moving to Boulder

Thank you for your suggestions! We called Enterprise and were quoted about $1200 for a month (compact car) which is about average rental costs in comparison to here in Australia. I wasn't sure what to say re being sent by an insurance company, so didn't mention it. I didn't want to get stuck answering any questions about it! Cheers again.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
746 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Moving to Boulder

Taking the Super Shuttle from the airport makes sense. When you rent a car locally, you do not have the add-on costs of renting from an airport location.

Might want to check the local telephoine directory AFTER you arrive, and see what you could find.

Welcome to paradise!

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,797 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Moving to Boulder

If he is staying in Boulder - I would just buy a bike; It is not that big of a town and there are buses too. Also if there is a company bringing him over here they should have negotiated rates for rental cars. Good luck!

9. Re: Moving to Boulder

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2010, 05:17