We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the Marriott within walking distance of Pearl St Mall?

Gulf Shores, AL
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores, Orange Beach
Level Contributor
2,723 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Is the Marriott within walking distance of Pearl St Mall?

I'm not the best map reader in the world. Looks like it might be over a mile to walk. Doable during the day, but not sure about later at night.

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
11,210 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is the Marriott within walking distance of Pearl St Mall?

Yes, it's about a mile. Certainly within walking distance. It's a safe area, walking at night should not be a big concern. There are sidewalks and street lights all the way. http://tiny.cc/9ibrc

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,551 posts
704 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is the Marriott within walking distance of Pearl St Mall?

I agree with babalax. Safe to walk at night & about a mile.

Come and have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
21 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is the Marriott within walking distance of Pearl St Mall?

The Pearl Street Mall runs west to east from about 7th Street to 15th Street and beyond. The Marriott is in the square block starting with Canyon (parallel to Pearl Street) and Folsom (which is 26th Street)...so you need to go about 11-12 blocks east of the Pearl Street Mall to get to Folsom and then 2 blocks south to get to Canyon. You could make this walk along Pearl or Canyon fairly well, or opt to take Bus 205 from the Downtown bus station at 14th & Walnut (one block south of Pearl Street Mall at 14th Street) - it's a 5 minute ride. More info at www.rtd-denver.com.

Depends on how late at night you mean...1am? 2am? Be more cautious about personal safety at these hours. Boulder is not without crime especially in the wee hours. Remember this is a mom talking :)

Gulf Shores, AL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,723 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is the Marriott within walking distance of Pearl St Mall?

Thanks for the replies. Mrs DD and I will be in Boulder 9/23-9/26. We're actually visiting our daughter in Cheyenne, but I always wanted to see Boulder so we'll just make her a day trip. Any tips on where to eat and shop will be appreciated. We love food and wine and she loves to shop. I love to walk behind and carry stuff...

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
11,210 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is the Marriott within walking distance of Pearl St Mall?

LOL! There are many very good restaurants in Boulder. Any particular type of food?

The two shopping districts are the Pearl Street Mall and the Twenty-Ninth Street mall which is across the street from where you will be staying.

Gulf Shores, AL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,723 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is the Marriott within walking distance of Pearl St Mall?

We like Mediterranean food, Mexican food, beef, you name it. Good wine list is a plus! Any decent clubs in that area? She's a dancer. I'm a stand-there-and-wave-my-arms dancer. We're a late-40s pair.

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
11,210 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is the Marriott within walking distance of Pearl St Mall?

Perhaps The Med would be a good choice. I am not sure how great their wine list is, but you can take a look at their menu here: www.themedboulder.com/

Steak? The Boulder ChopHouse is good: www.chophouse.com/LocationHome.php…

A very popular restaurant that gets raves is Frasca.

There's a Mexican restaurant at Twenty Ninth Street called Cantina Laredo. It's a chain, but we've had some good meals there. I just haven't found the Mexican restaurants in Boulder to be very good (just my opinion).

Here's a list of all restaurants: www.bouldercoloradousa.com/restaurants/

As far as dancing, I am not aware of any clubs but someone else may know.

Gulf Shores, AL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,723 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is the Marriott within walking distance of Pearl St Mall?

Thanks for the recs. One more question...we live at the beach, so we're accustomed to very casual surroundings. Are nice jeans and collared shirts okay in most of the restaurants, or should I bring my one pair of nice slacks? Late September is the timeframe.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
21 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is the Marriott within walking distance of Pearl St Mall?

Anything goes in Boulder, but if it's your anniversary and you're going to the Flagstaff House, you might bring a pair of slacks. Otherwise, Boulder is extremely casual....same goes for women, it's really a personal choice about how much to dress up or dress down.

10. Re: Is the Marriott within walking distance of Pearl St Mall?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2011, 06:23