We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boulder Courtyard or Residence Inn?

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,325 posts
340 reviews
Save Topic
Boulder Courtyard or Residence Inn?

Would like to treat my spouse to nice stay at one of those two places. Can't really tell the difference, which one would you recommend for a romantic weekend stay? which one has nice rooms?

thank you

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
185 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boulder Courtyard or Residence Inn?

These are pretty similar. They're actually only a few minutes apart so you might consider coming to Boulder without a reservation (unless it is a busy weekend, e.g. University of Colorado home football game, parents' day, etc.) and actually checking them both out.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
19,364 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boulder Courtyard or Residence Inn?

My only two cents is be careful without a res. Our company stays at Marriotts and I've been caught staying down in Denver for trips to Boulder several times - even on non-football weekends. I think there's also a Marriott downtown which you might consider.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
185 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boulder Courtyard or Residence Inn?

The Marriotts (and other Boulder hotels) tend to fill up when there are big university-related events but otherwise there shouldn't be a problem. However, if you want to reserve ahead of time, my choice would be the Courtyard because, in general it is in a quieter location. The Residence Inn is very close to the Foothills Highway (if you book here, get a room that doesn't face this road) and also a Burlington Northern railway track

(although, in fairness, I should note that when train engineers blow their horn at night, it can be heard from many locations in Boulder including the Courtyard). The "downtown" Marriott is nice but more expensive.

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,325 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boulder Courtyard or Residence Inn?

thank you for the suggestions

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Chiang Rai, Chiang Rai Province
Level Contributor
3,379 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boulder Courtyard or Residence Inn?

If you are looking for a romantic weekend, take a look at the Boulder Marriott. It is nicer than the Courtyard or Residence Inn, is in a better location and its rates drop down for weekends. The rates are much higher during the week days as it attracts a lot of business travelers.

If you are definitely choosing only between the Courtyard and the Residence Inn, I'd choose the Courtyard for the reasons stated above.

Safe Travels,

Broder

6. Re: Boulder Courtyard or Residence Inn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 04:16