We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Friday night festivities

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Friday night festivities

My wife and I are flying into Denver on Fri, March 2. We're driving to Boulder for the night then heading up to Estes Park on Sat.

My question is: What are a few good suggestions for a night out on the town? We are both 31 years old and love going out. I'm a huge beer geek and love to try new beers. We like live music and younger, lively crowds. All ideas are greatly appreciated.

Pagosa Springs...
Destination Expert
for Durango, Pagosa Springs
Level Contributor
416 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Friday night festivities

I lived in Boulder for many years post college. I always enjoyed - in no particular order - Catacombs (in the basement of the Boulderado), West End Tavern on Pearl Street, Red Fish Brewery on opposite end of Pearl St Mall and the Rio (especially for a crazy night out). The Med is great place for dinner...

Check Boulder Theater and Fox Theater for shows. Hapa Sushi and Sushi Zanmai are great for sushi, if interested. Personally, I like Zanmai better for the spider rolls...

My hubby is also suggesting Old Chicago's, but he worked there for years. Personally, I think he has fond memories that don't justify a fun 1st night in Boulder!!

Really, there are so many choices in Boulder. It is a fun town!! I am sure others will chime in...

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
185 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Friday night festivities

When you arrive in Boulder on Friday, get a copy of the Boulder Daily Camera (local newspaper). The Friday paper will have a special weekend entertainment section that should be helpful.

Edited: 01 March 2012, 19:04
Colorado
Level Contributor
11,505 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Friday night festivities

Pick up a copy of the FREE Colorado Daily distributed all over town.

There are many microbreweries to choose from: Boulder Beer, Walnut Brewery, Twisted Pine, Avery, Mountain Sun, Upslope to name a few. Search Google for locations and info.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
200 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Friday night festivities

I'm going to second Boulder Beer, Avery, and the Mountain Sun (all for the beer), and pretty much everything PagosaSprings said. There are a number of other places along Pearl Street if you're looking for more bar-like places later in the evening as well.

Pagosa Springs...
Destination Expert
for Durango, Pagosa Springs
Level Contributor
416 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Friday night festivities

Thanks kingshimmers! I stand by everything except Old C's!!

Boulder Beer and Mtn Sun are personal favorites. Mtn Sun is great to experience "Boulder" and great beers! Boulder beer was always a great lunchtime (oops!) and after work hang out.

Way too many good beers in Boulder! I still buy them in SW CO....although, now pricier!

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Friday night festivities

Thank you all very much!

7. Re: Friday night festivities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2013, 20:16