We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to hang out prior to/after football game

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
337 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Where to hang out prior to/after football game

Hi,

I will be attending this Thursday's Colorado/ASU football game. I have never been to Boulder before. Can anyone recommend any places to grab a bite prior to the game and possibly some places to hang out afterward?

Thanks!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,070 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to hang out prior to/after football game

What kind of food do you want? What type of atmosphere...older alumni or college kids? Who are you cheering for?

As a college kid we always went to the Dark Horse and a number of other places that no longer are around. Also plenty of options on the Pearl Street Mall.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
337 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to hang out prior to/after football game

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am very open minded in terms of food and crowd. I will be trending for CU as a guest in town. If there are any places you think are distinctive, I'd appreciate any promotions.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
200 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to hang out prior to/after football game

Dark Horse is definitely interesting, and is in walking distance from the CU campus. The have drinks, and standard burgers, etc. There are a number of places around Pearl Street as well, such as The Mediterranian Restaurant for good happy hour tapas, and any number of burger places. If you're looking for more places to sit down and have a drink, the Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant and Mountain Sun aren't bad. Conor O'Neils is always fun as well. There are also a number of straight up bars along pearl street that liven up with the college crowd late in the evening.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
337 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to hang out prior to/after football game

Thanks much for your input!

5. Re: Where to hang out prior to/after football game

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 19:18